END: Ghost In The Park

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ  MAI OTHERS ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ MAI OTHERS ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

"I see so that's what happened," John smiled, sitting by the Office's sofa with Ayako sitting next to the priest drinking tea. "Congratulations on closing the case." Bou-san and Mai just finished explaining the details of the Park case to Ayako and John, who weren't available due to their schedule.

"Well we couldn't have solved it without Mai's help," Bou-san, nudged the teenager with Akemi nodding in agreement. "Mai definitely carried the case on this one."

Despite their encouraging words, Mai still felt slumped. Feeling how down Mai felt, Akemi took out her phone to send a message. "Uh... but I still don't get it."

"Why not?" Ayako asked, her brow perking, also taking note of Mai's expression.

"Because... her ex-boyfriend still has no idea of what she's been doing," Mai pouted. "After what he did, I think he should be punished too... It's not fair."

Ayako hummed, considering her words before glancing at Akemi who was waving her phone behind Mai. "Yeah, that's true..."

Getting the jist of it, Ayako took out her phone.

Oblivious to what was happening, Bou-san placed a hand on Mai's head in a chop motion. "You probably will never know but what goes around comes around. He'll be punished one way or another soon enough."

"hm..."

"I think the lady understood Mai's kind intentions, you shouldn't worry too much about it." John smiled, while Ayako finished reading Akemi's text, sending Bou-san a teasing glint with a plan in mind.

"You sound like a monk~" Ayako teased, receiving a whipping turn of a head from Bou-san barking back that he is a Monk.

"Be happy that the woman spirit disappeared and will now rest in peace and it is all because of your kindness," Akemi added, placing a hand on Mai's back genuinely feeling proud of the high schooler before moving back to press numbers. "If it weren't for your words, the woman would still be in misery..."

"You really think so?" Mai stared at Ayako and Akemi, when they smiled and nodded— Mai returned the genuine feeling of calmness and acceptance. "Yeah..."

The group continued talking while Akemi went out the room as her phone started ringing.

"You're lucky you're not complicated like the rest of us."

~~~

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ MAI ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

CHIRINGGG—!

"Hello— oh I didn't realize that you were all here, is Naru here?" was what Masako immediately asked the moment she stepped inside the room, her gaze and attitude back to what it usually is as the spirit no longer resides in her.