.8.

chapter eight ; 𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

"We're.. here." Giyuu stared at the house. It was much more stable than he had interpreted it would be. Before, he'd assume it'd all be a bunch of thin wood that looked like hay burnt on the ground, and that he'd be staring at some fucking ashes.

"Is it scary? Don't worry, I'll protect you." Sabito teased, his tone sounding calm; and waiting for Giyuu's response. "...I'd appreciate that, thank you. But I don't want your help." He walked off. Sabito stood there; flabbergasted.

"Goddamn." Nico clicked his tongue, "rough life, bud." He sighed with an exaggerated tone, patting Sabito's back gently. "Better luck next time, Eh?" He smiled, following after Giyuu.

However, Giyuu didn't mean to be that rude.

Instead, he actually meant; "I'd appreciate that, but you should look after yourself. I wouldn't want you getting hurt." But since he sucked at talking to people, since he prefers not to talk to people, and since he prefers not to talk to people, he doesn't know how. And since he doesn't know how, he absolutely and utterly messed it up. And now, left a sulking, astounded Sabito.

Yep, this story's gonna be a long one.

From behind, it looked like Giyuu was irritated with his stiff walking. But instead, his cheeks were tinted soft fruit pink from the fact Sabito cared about him. Also from the fact he probably screwed his words, which he did. He was flustered, he was really flustered.

You can ask the author to apologize here, right here.

They continued to walk until they saw a long, spiralling staircase

They continued to walk until they saw a long, spiralling staircase. To make it worse, it was all rusty and looked like it was on the sweet verge of collapsing.

"...We're not actually going to go up that, are we?" Asked Nico, "Because I'm not ready to join Leo Sneix."

"That's not very manly of you, Nico." Sabito said, bending down to the boy's height.

"Wait, who is Leo Sneix?" Giyuu asked, seeming quite perplexed on who that would be. Nico brushed it off with a smirk. "Nobody you'll know. That is, until you're dead."

Tomioka didn't really focus on what the younger boy was saying. He was focused on the expression he made. No, not in the weird way. More like... the skeptical way.

He was being fake, his smirk showed the look of a phoney.

But hey, not like that's going to matter. Why should he care, anyway? Not like he'd have the courage to talk to him about it.