.1.

Chapter one; 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐘.

Sabito watched sharply as Urokodaki shuffled violently to his feet, sitting down cross-legged atop a cotton white dining seat as he'd faced him with a rather infuriated expression from their quarrel.

"Alright, I get it! You want me to marry a rich ass girl so you can get yourself a shit-ton of money!" Sabito scoffed, rolling his eyes obstinately, "I'm not marrying some girl I don't know, I'd rather die."

Urokodaki pinched his forehead in frustration, letting out a grumble; unable to fume at him, he sighed and faced Sabito firmly; looking at him quite formally in the eyes.

"Just—think about it, Sabito. If you combine our riches with another's, along with your power and a young woman's smarts, you two would be in no position of downfall. You don't have to worry about your futures, or the futures of your children—"

"Don't go on lecturing me again!" Sabito stood up, pushing his chair away aggressively. The vigorous impact had left a loud, ear-splitting screech that sounded just like nails on a chalkboard. He stormed up the ivory-white staircase.

Once he had finally reached his room, Sabito slammed the door; infuriated. Bottling up all his anger and resent drove him mad. He couldn't box it all up and just try to hide it anymore.

'I wish I was never born!' He thought to himself, anger rushing through his entire body. He couldn't take this. Why was his father so egocentric?!

Sabito sat on his bed; his fingers running through his hair while his face was agitated. He processed the argument that occurred earlier. He contemplated over his life choices for about seven times. Then what? What was he supposed to do next?

He was disoriented,,

And he just couldn't take it.

"I'm sorry, Giyuu. She is dead." Giyuu's nearly empty eyes had filled with a blink of pain in them as a response.

"Dead?" He'd blurted out. His tone sounding rather bewildered.

"Yes, dead. Her funeral's this Wednesday. I can drive you the-"

"I appreciate it, but no. I'll go myself." Giyuu's eyes slightly narrowed at the last word. Was it sadness? That part is unknown.

"Ah- I understand, Yuu. Make sure you stay safe when going by yourself. There might be ghosts lurking around town." Tsutako held her index finger to her cheek, making a moderate wondering expression. Giyuu knew she was such a tease.