Morgwen

Morgana and I were being pushed down the stairs by guards of William. "You can't do this to us! Let us go!" She was so brave. I couldn't muster the strength to say anything. I just wouldn't know what to say. All I knew is that this would not end well. The guard called for help. Two men picked Morgana up and forced her down the stairs into the prison cell. They pushed me onto the floor of the same cell. I fell on top of her. I quickly moved away from her body and looked behind me. I wanted to beg the guards to let Morgana go, but they already had left. I felt my tears falling from my face into my lap. I couldn't even look at her now. How could I? I promised her I'd protect her and now I had failed. She was so strong and I was so weak. Even after losing the fight against Williams guards, she still wanted to fight for us. She still resisted being dragged downstairs. I was supposed to do that.

"I'm so sorry, Morgana." I whispered. For a few seconds I could only hear her loud breaths. "No Gwen, you did everything you could. It's not your fault."
"But i should've fought harder. I should've -." She interrupted me. "No Gwen, don't." I felt her warm hand on my shoulder. Her touch always made me feel so safe, even in this cold, dark prison cell. She moved her arms around me and I was captured in her embrace. The only place on earth where I would ever want to be. For a moment, it didn't matter to me that we were imprisoned. At least we were together. She didn't know how I felt about her, but I could live with that. She didn't need to know, as long as I could be by her side. I could feel my heart beating faster and faster. "Well, isn't this a nice change of scenery!" I said, awkwardly laughing. "Gwen, this is a prison. You're allowed to be upset."
"I was being sarcastic." I said, more intently this time. It's like she could tell that I was trying to hide what I really felt. But I couldn't tell her. Not now. Not here. Not like this.

I noticed that Morgana's arms were starting to get heavier. I escaped from her warm embrace to turn around. I couldn't see much, however it was more than obvious how white she looked. She tried to hide it by looking down.
"What's wrong Morgana? What happened?" I asked urgently. "Guards! You need to come here! We need help!" "They're not coming Gwen. Just let it go."
"What happened." I asked again. She sighed deeply before she started talking. "During the fight, I got stabbed. I thought it was nothing. It wasn't deep, but..." she sighed again. "I think it was enchanted. I've heard of this before. I don't think I'll make it out of here."

No! This cannot be. I can't lose her. I didn't realise my whole body was, shivering until she put her hands in mine. "Gwen, I'm so grateful I get to spend my last moments with you. You've been more than a friend to me. I wish I could've told you that before." she shivered too now and her body weakened. She slowly went to lay down. I immediately sat on my knees next to her, still holding her hand.
" There has to be something we can do. " but deep in my heart I knew it was a lost cause. I knew what dark magic could do. "There isn't Gwen." She too had tears in her eyes now. "Gwen I want to say.. I just.. I've always loved you. You're the best person I've ever known. Please never change." I didn't know what to say. "I-I love you too Morgana." she smiled slightly. "Come here then." I tried to stop myself from crying as I bent down to kiss her now cold lips. She kissed me back, weakly. "Don't forget me Gwen."
"As if i ever could." I said crying softly. She had her eyes shut. She didn't hear me anymore.