29

"Okay, Jungkook. She will wake up soon. You can stay here with her if you want.", Jisoo said as she looked at the rain outside of the hospital.

After Jungkook asked her to stop whatever they were doing to Chaeyoung, Namjoon allowed her to transfer Chaeyoung to a normal hospital so that she will not be asking about the laboratory she was staying at.

"Thank you, Jisoo noona.", Jungkook said as he walked with Jisoo to the door.

"When she wakes up, she might be acting up like the other day. You should console her until she calms down, okay?", Jisoo reminded him.

He nodded before Jisoo left him alone with Chaeyoung in the room. He went to the bed Chaeyoung lied on and sat next to it quietly. He looked at her pale face and brought her hand to his lips before kissing the back of it softly.

"Wake up soon, Chaeyoung. I'm here for you. I'll always be here for you from now on, baby.", he said softly as he caressed her warm cheek.

He did not leave her until the rain stopped, nor even moving when the sun shone on the new day. He stayed beside her as he had said yesterday. He did not want to miss the moment she wakes up from the long weeks of sleep.

It was almost 24 hours since she got transferred but she still has not open her eyes yet. Jungkook became worried about her condition since he cannot do anything except from waiting. He kept holding her wrist and felt the slow pulse of her heartbeat with hope that she will wake up soon.

"Jungkook, no.."

"Baby?", Jungkook looked at her face as he kept holding her hand.

"No, Jungkook. Please don't die..I'm sorry..", he looked at her talking but her eyes were still closed.

He was unsure of what to do but he got up and went to whisper to her ear, "Hey, baby. I'm here. I'm fine, I'm not dying."

"No..."

"I'm here, Rosie. I-", Jungkook was startled when Chaeyoung suddenly opened her eyes and got up from the bed trying to leave it.

Fortunately, he managed to hold her and told her to relax as he tried to hug her. He was a bit surprised that Chaeyoung was pulling her hands away from him while her eyes were glistening with tears. She must have had a bad dream or a bad memory flashed into her mind. Jungkook tried his best to hold her wrists and told her to look at him.

"Baby, calm down. Look at me. Hey, look. Look, it's me. It's Jungkook, your husband, Rosie.", he said as he used his right hand to wipe her tears. "Look..it's me.", he kept repeating until she stopped fighting and began to touch his face gently. "I'm here.", he told her before she pulled him for a long hug.

"I saw your face...there were a lot of blood...I- I can't recognise you..", Chaeyoung said in between tears.

"Shhh....it's not real. It's not happening, baby.", Jungkook tried to comfort her as he embraced her. "It will never happen, I promise you.", he said before Chaeyoung pulled away to see his face again.