Chapter 15: James Gone Bad

I shut the door and locked James inside the room.

"I have a plan to how we could get Oliver back, but you have to trust me, James." I said staring at him.

"What's your plan? I have to hear it before I make my decision you know."

I sighed, he was such a fool and yet he was intelligent enough to ask first.

"We have to get me on the throne, and get Lillian safe." I said.

"You!? Don't make me laugh!" he snickered.

"I'm serious, James. You have to get Lilliana to fall in love with me." I persuaded, "When I become king she's all yours, but the bet will still be in place."

James scowled at me when I told him this, but then he started to turn his head away.

"And how would that benefit us finding Oliver?" James questioned.

"You see, I know something you do not. Leo is... Lilliana's brother..."

"What!? I'm in love with the enemy!?" he screamed in horrific realization.

"I'm afraid so brother..."

"Then you can have her! I am not going to marry a Stein royal! I'll do anything to help get Oliver back, even if it means you becoming king then so be it!"

I grinned from ear to ear. I knew this would happen, and now there was only one man left to knock out of the game. Giles though was not that good with romance and may not be a threat to the plan, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

"I'm glad you see it my way, James." I devilishly smiled, "I did not want to have to kill you."

"Well you can count on me then!" James chuckled.

And he thought I was joking around. What a pity.