Chapter 14: Gloves

Two months later, I knocked on James' door, because I had a very important question to ask him.

"Any sign of where Oliver might be?" I asked very concerned.

"Nothing... he just vanished into thin air!" James said slamming his fist against the wooden desk.

I wanted to help find him, but I was considered a prisoner so I could not leave the castle grounds. All the knights were traveling the country in search of Oliver by James' command, and nothing was found.

"I just cannot comprehend how Oliver got taken without the guards noticing!" James yelled in frustration.

"Well, we do not know for certain if he was taken yet. What if he had just run away?"

"No, I know my own brother, and he would never run away after what happened with mother. You are wrong Lilliana, and I'm right, I'm always right!"

He was so vain and full of himself, but I could not blame him for being upset. Just then, Edward walked into the room.

"James, I need to speak with you at once" he said with a serious expression.

"Then speak Edward. I do not have all day."

"The knights found something, and I'm afraid it's about Oliver."

Then Edward reached out of his coat pocket and pulled out one of Oliver's baby blue gloves.

"It was found near the border, on Stein territory." Edward told James.

I turned to look at James who had an enraged look on his face.

"I knew those bastards were behind this!"

"We need to talk before we plan our next move on this matter." Edward said, "Lilliana can you please leave the room for a moment?"

I nodded and headed for the door. I did not know what I thought when he commanded me to do that, but I knew he was up to no good.