Chapter 9: Deals

"Oliver, I know we don't get along at times, but I have a deal for you." I said standing over, Oliver, while he sat on my bed contemplating everything I said.

"And just what might this deal be, Edward? I have limited time. I have to get ready for tonight's party."

I smiled as he said this, for I was only just imagining my coronation celebration after I become king.

"You and I should join forces on this bet. You can get the woman's heart, but in return I will be the one wearing the crown instead of you. This way you get what you desire and I get what I desire. It is a fair deal."

I thought my offer was absolutely fair and a hard one to pass up, but apparently, Oliver, was trying to be difficult.

"What makes you think that I do not wish to be king as well over Arcania?" Oliver asked with interest in his voice.

He was hooked to my idea, no matter how hard he tried to hide it from me.

"Just admit that you're afraid to take the responsibility. You know you can not run this kingdom right, and I'm willing to take it off your hands."

Oliver kept his head down in thought as he pondered over the deal.

"It would be a shame if Lilliana ended up with the wrong man wouldn't it?" I grinned, "Who knows whta might occer."

Oliver perked his head up, and stood to face me.

"That's quite enough, Edward! I will not have you trick me into a bind! I resent your offer, good day!"

Oliver then walked to the door, but could not open it. For I had locked him inside when he stepped through the door.

"Why don't you sit down, and this time..." I said grabbing my dagger off my desk, "And this time... let's make sure you accept my offer."