REEBOOT + PROLOGUE

[ 𝗥𝗘𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗧 + 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘 ]

     BRIEF EXPLANATION:

As I looked through my previous version of Wish Upon, I realized how bad it was. Given, it was written way back in the Summer of 2018, when I was literally a thirteen year old with amateur writing skills and zero idea with how to take the plot of this fan fiction. The only thing that motivated me was the fact that I simped for practically 99% of the cast and wanted to write a reader-insert.

Long story short, as I re-read this entire story three years later, I hated it.

The most upfront issue being that despite it being labeled "Gender Neutral" for the readers to all envision themself as the MC — I still wrote it with only two seperate options of she/him. Which I have now been able to reflect and see that it was wrong of me to depict it as GN! Reader despite that being far from the case.

I do want to apologize for any readers who do not use she/her/he/him pronouns, and if my story had made you uncomfortable reading

I do want to apologize for any readers who do not use she/her/he/him pronouns, and if my story had made you uncomfortable reading. I recall once getting a comment where there was a nonbinary reader who was partially upset at this predicament and thankfully was able to advise me about this; and while at the time I did take the time to edit the story, I should have never done this to begin with.

With this rewrite, I do hope to be able to do right by strictly sticking with they/them pronouns for the MC, as I do not want to repeat the same mistake I did three years ago.

Not to mention the character development/relationship developments being all over the place, unnatural and barely even giving any of the Lookism casts their own personalities aside from very basic stereotypes. Such as writing out Zack as the 'fighter/lovesick fool' trope, or Mira as a 'helpless' character, even Vasco as a 'no-brains-only-brawn' type of person when all of these are far from the case in the canon manhwa.

MC's & the cast's relationship development? That was one of my worst fails, especially between Zoe, Zack, Vasco, Mira & Jay. They barely had any initial friendly basis and instead jumped right onto the romance part.

Even when I don't expect to be writing it all that realistic, I did recall going 🤨 when seeing the sudden introduction to all of them suddenly crushing on MC with little to no reason.

Then the awful savior's complex I kept having with the MC to always be seen helping everyone and practically written with little to no flaws. They were pretty much a "marty sue" in terms of being seen as a godsend.

And lastly, it was just so embarrassing to keep up lmao.

The MC's character was the epitome of "when the author tries to be funny with lame jokes" and it just... gives me chills to even read. (shuddering at all the finger gun jokes atm) Not only that but they were so inconsistent in terms of strength/personality.