Chapter 15: Please don't go!

Years passed and Marinette and Adrien were living happily. They enjoyed spending time together. One day, as Adrien returned home with Alya and Nino for their weekly game night, Marinette was nowhere to be found. Instead, he saw a note on his pillow. It said:

Dear Adrien,

Before you read this, I'll be already gone. I'm so sorry to leave you but I need to find myself...I am completely lost actually...I am sure that it will be difficult for you...it will be for me too. We'll find each other again someday. Please forgive me because I know that you became immortal because of me (but if you want to live a normal life, there is a solution below the kitchen sink. Just rub the solution on your tattoo and you'll be normal) I guarantee you that you that it's not your fault...it's mine. You were just perfect. I didn't mean to be a burden for you and as you might guess...I have tons of responsibilities. Please forgive me. I'll miss you.

With all my love,

Marinette.

A tear fell on the letter, he turned round and saw Alya and Nino smiling sadly. They already knew.

-Where is she? Asked Adrien in a low voice.

-Oh Adrien...replied Alya

-Where is she?! Asked Adrien louder

-She's at the airport...her plane will take off in about thirty minutes.

-Ok Ok...why did she left? He asked as he took a small box in the drawer.

-Adrien...

-Just tell me why?! He asked annoyed.

-She is...is...Alya couldn't finish her sentence and bursted into tears.

-Pregnant. Finished Nino holding Alya. She freaked out because she knew you didn't want kids in a nearby future. So she fled. She didn't want to be a burden because she knew that you didn't want to get married or have kids. It would have been too early if it happened now. She said that you already had a job that you love, great friends and didn't want to ruin your world because of a stupid mistake.

-Oh man!! Said Adrien. I was going to ask her to marry me!

-Really?! You were?! Asked Alya.

-Yeah...

-But what are you still doing here?! Go catch her! You idiot! Shouted Alya.

-Right! And Adrien went to the door, transformed and headed to the airport. He had to get his lady back!

When he arrived at the airport, he searched for Marinette but she was nowhere to be found. He asked the hostesses but none of them have let a passenger called Marinette Dupain Cheng enter the plane. He was puzzled...Where was she? He searched for her at her parents but still no. But while he was jumping on the roofs of houses, he saw someone sitting on the Eiffel Tower. It was Marinette, she was sitting against one of the bars and he hurriedly went over her.

-A-Adrien?! She said getting up.

He realised that she has been crying.

-M'lady, please don't go.

-It's the right thing to do. I must go and you must forget about me.

-I'll never do that. And I'll never be able to, you know that.

-I just-

-Nino and Alya told me everything...

-Oh...I'm-

-I love you. Please don't go. This baby is ours and I'm ready to be a father. You will never be a burden to me. You are my whole world. I can't imagine a single day of my life without you. He went down on one knee and opened the small box, Marinette gasped; it was the most beautiful diamond ring she has ever seen! You are the most amazing and special woman I ever saw. You are kind, sweet, generous, brave...actually there are not enough words to describe you. I'm not doing this because you're pregnant, I'm doing this because I love you and I'm the most lucky guy in the world because of you. So Marinette Dupain-Cheng, will you marry me?

Marinette was speechless it was so unexpected!

-Y-Yes! Yes! A thousand times, yes!

Excited, Adrien got up and put the ring into Marinette's finger and hugged her tightly.

As they went away, Adrien asked,

-Why weren't you at the airport?

-I was kind of hoping you would show up... (she's lying btw)

-And what if I didn't?

-I did not count on that. (still lying!)

Adrien laughed and kissed her forehead then said,

-I love you puurincess!

-Love you too kitty!

I hope that you liked it! It was so romantic, right? What Adrien said was just...fabulous! In chapter 21, you'll know why she lied...but that's not for now so just focus on how much Adrien loves his lady! Enjoy the suspense!

Peace out!