Chapter 29 - 12th November

Start from the beginning

"She's disrespecting me, Ma" replied Tolani, trying to feign being the victim as usual.

"Noooooo that's not what happened" the entire crew yelled before I got the chance to even say anything "Tolani just doesn't like minding her business. She's giving AY a hard time because of arranging the meat pies in a certain way that she wants her to" said the set decorator.

"You this Ayo, I always knew that you don't like me. Omo alé, ko ni dafun iya é; Bastard, it won't be better for your mother" she snapped at him "why didn't you also tell her that your AY threatened to slap me"

"Yes I did. And I will actually do it if you don't face your front. wetin even concern you with the way I arrange the meat pies? Aren't you the camerawoman? Your job is only to record whatever I'm doing, not to give me orders, so you better stop playing the role of assistant director!" I rolled and eyes "Mrs Adeyemi, I really can't work with such problematic people, please help me tell her to mind her own business and leave me alone"

Mrs Adeyemi was clearly trying to not laugh as she didn't want to appear unprofessional, but something was tickling her, probably the Yoruba insult Tolani threw at Ayomide, who by the way looked like he was about to kill her.

"Tolani, you are only required to record what she is doing, anything that has to do with corrections or criticism, I will be the one to handle it, and I do not need an assistant in that aspect, am I clear?"

Tolani looked like she was about to burst, but she didn't have a choice "Yes Ma"

"Good" Mrs adeyemi nodded "I don't want to hear anything like this happen again, and Respect is reciprocal, you can't plant potatoes and expect to harvest Yam"

This is why I love working with Mrs Adeyemi, she's so diplomatic with everything and everyone, she fixes all issues while being chilled.

"Let's get back to work" She took her seat on her chair and we continued from where we stopped, and it went very smoothly. I baked my meat pies in piece and made my signature Zobo afterwards and then we called it a day.

I made sure to take all the makeup off my face before leaving the set with Linda, 5 bottles of Zobo and about Ten meatpies in a bag. I was so choked with that atmosphere in there, I didn't want to stay for a single minute, so I was basically running out like someone was chasing me. I couldn't even drive the car because I was angry, Linda was the one who drove while I looked out the window, trying to calm myself down.

This is just not my day!

I don't even know why I'm angry.

Maybe I do....

"What's next?" I Asked Linda.

"Your photo shoot for Pepsi"

"But I had a shoot with them just last week"

"That was for a billboard" she replied "this one is for the limited edition champions league bottles they want to release"

Great! Now I'm gonna have to fake a smile and being excited, literally the complete opposite of what I'm feeling right now. But I didn't say anything, I just groaned and turned to look at the window again, this time, hiding my tears from her.

"Are you Okay, Aya?" She Asked after a while.

The answer is no. But I didn't want her to know that, so I just nodded because I didn't want to give it away, and thankfully she left the issue there, even though she didn't believe me.