Bodies | Chp. 1

(Warning; cursing, handling of the dead)

My cloak gets caught on a branch just as I made it to my destinatnation, I look up at the tree I had just jumped from and back down with a frown at the rip in the dark cloth, "Kakuzu won't be happy about me needing another repair so soon... maybe I'll just repair it myself..."

My thoughts drift back to my task at hand, I clap my my hands to either side of my face and breathe in the clear forest air.

Quickly I henge into your average young civilian man, stroll onto the vastly open property the Land of Fires bounty station sits on, and head past some telephone poles on my route to the bathrooms.

Once inside, I drop the jutsu. No unfamiliar chalkra signals.

The restroom is, as usual, surprisingly clean I think as I wander over to a urinal and slip in though the secret passage behind it.

A familiar face with an impressive mustache smiles, "ah, a client! What'd you bring me this time?"

<Steve Harvey and Gui Senseis cannon lovechild>

My cheek pops against my teeth, "twelve bodies." They pop out my scroll and onto the damp concrete in a somewhat comical pile.

I guess that depends on how fucked up you are though...

The bald man's dark eyebrows raise, "Kami, that's more than usual Inuzuka! The hell's this organization you're working for?"

I tsk and smirk sharply, my voice echoing through the large concrete room, "you know I can't say that, Zangei-san."

His head bobs in understanding, "yeah, no I get 'cha."

For the next few minutes, I lean against a metal morticians table in silence as I watch him do his work of moving the dead to their respective cooler-units until I start to get a little curious of the messy desk to the corner.

I must have an attention span problem, because I find myself asking aloud, "what're those? Never seen that style of folders here before, they look familiar..."

He follows my gaze on a break of him wiping his forehead sweat on his cloak sleeve, "yeah probably, those are the new Konoha shinobi files

He follows my gaze on a break of him wiping his forehead sweat on his cloak sleeve, "yeah probably, those are the new Konoha shinobi files. Traded my services for copies just the other day," by now he was back to working again, absentmindedly chatting still, "the guy happened to pull an updated copy of your file too actually, if you're interested in paying."

I hesitate, but ultimately decide to walk across the dramatically constructed room anyway.

My fingers flit down each file tab of the stack until I land on something that says 'INUZUKA HANA'

I stop for just a moment before opening it, ultimately I decide 'frig it' and I'm flipping it open.

I start sifting through from the back, an old habit I can't seem to break. Inside sits some academy, mission, and surveillance documents of me. I finally land on what's meant to be the first paper you see, and lift it out for a closer look...

 I finally land on what's meant to be the first paper you see, and lift it out for a closer look

"Hm..." I read it over as Zangei closes up the last cold storage, "my height is wrong."

I look over to see my mortician friend wink, "and you just payed 200,000 ryō to know that."

------------
Did'ja enjoy the chapter? :D

Fun fact, idfk how to convert ryō but I found a reddit post and will share to u that 20k usd is 200,000 ryō. I thought that seemed like a fair price for stolen/leaked documents? Idk, maybe a lil' overcharged! 😅 shit, sorry Hana ×~×

And to you, sorry the chapter's short, imma make this book whatever lengths I feel like randomly instead of trying to hit any number, it'll just be whatever feels right in the moment.

If you don't like spoilers... lookaway, but for those of you who been(need* omg I don't think I could ever show off something more dyslexic than that! It can get annoying sometimes, but it mostly doesn't hinder me) some incentive to add this to your library or list... Itachi is a love interest!