The girl kept her head low with her gaze stuck on her feet and didn't hear the raven's silent footsteps.

"The other?" he asked.

A warm hand cupped her cheek and Elga almost melted on his touch when the thought of last night's incidents came to her mind.

No, now she had a memory back and with that a part of her soul and personality too. Now she knew the boy who lived only on her imagination was alive and way better than Law.

TDWL had the kindest heart and the brightest mind and would never mistreat her like that.

She lifted her hand and moved his away from her face and Law's eyes widened for a moment in surprise only to narrow them a few seconds later.

He only cared for her wellbeing and this is what he receives? Also he is not obligated to explain what happened with Lana and nothing of those events were his fault. She should had shown a bit more trust on his face and he just did his part by showing the right amount of affection.

Words sometimes are meaningless to be spoken and after all what did she expect after such a selfish behavior from last night?

Hadn't she thought at all how much he would worry about her?

"You know something Elga-ya? You say you are confused but you haven't thought that you just popped in my life without even asking me if I wanted to run after such a troublesome creature! And guess what! I don't! You have been a huge pain in my ass from the time I met you and this is the attitude I receive! I wish I had never crossed paths with you." he barked at her but once the words slipped from his mouth in a moment of outburst, his heart knew he wasn't being honest.

However, his pride was big enough to leave someone behave to him in such a way so he should let the girl know her place.

All of these until he saw the girl's eyes get teary and a sharp pain crossed his heart at the sight.

"D-do you mean those words?" she questioned him shattering her words in disbelief.

Was he all those months just acted patient towards her? Were all the good moments, the laughs, their first kisses, the times he learned her new things above a surgery table, lies?

Law didn't say anything more but just looked aside.

"It got late and we said too much today. Goodnight." he blankly replied and walked towards his room, closing the door behind him.

He really wanted to stop more than anything this distance that grew between them but it seemed like any action of his only made it worse.

He left a heavy sigh escape his lips and leaned over his desk looking outside of the window at the said girl that was currently walking towards the small cabin where her own room was located.

"Why don't you just explain yourself to her? Partly it is your fault too. You should have been more specific with Lana-san at the past and cut this externalization of affection to your face." Bepo who was laying on his bed, reading a navigation book said and Law turned his head to look at him puzzled.

"I have sensitive ears heheh." the fuzzy bear explained and the boy raised his eyebrows in surprise. That's something he actually didn't know about his friend.

"I can't do that. She should trust me more. It is ridiculous to continue this silly misunderstanding and if she acts like that for this reason, it is too immature of herself and not important enough for me to care.", he explained and laid on his own bed too, crossing his hand behind his head to rest his neck.

"That's too prideful of you! If you always wait for the other part to call a truce this misunderstanding will never end."

"That's fine by me... I don't really care." he replied blankly and turned to the other side, facing the wall so as to hide his irritated expression.