Chapter 6 - Before the dinner

Lizzie POV:

It was the next day and I got dressed into my favorite outfit that morning and happily went downstairs for breakfast. I was planning on meeting up with Katherine from the Over Grown today since we haven't spoken in a while. I quickly ate and told my family where I was going. I grabbed a bag and shoved my phone in there and stupidly went the way around Mezalea where I usually see Joel. He was there right now and as soon as I saw him I stopped and smiled. I loved him, I loved him so much. I know that he saw me since he looked at the ocean and smiled at it. I popped out of the Ocean and sat on the terracotta next to him after transforming into a human.

L: Hey!

J: Hi! It's  great seeing you here!

L: Yeah! You to!

J: So why are you here? Not that it's a bad thing but...

L: laughs I know what you mean. I was going to meet my friend Katherine!

J: Princess of the Over Grown?

L: The one and only.

J: Cool!

L: Yeah. What are you doing out here?

J: I came to think.

L: Ahh alright.

Just then my phone started buzzing like crazy. I got it out of my bag to see thirteen unread messages from Katherine and three missed calls.

L: Oh god I better go see Katherine. Bye Joel. See you later!

J: Bye Lizzie. I-

He was gonna say something but I dove back into the water just before and didn't hear him. I text Katherine saying that I was on my way and that I ran into somebody on the way here. When I got to the over grown I immediately got grabbed by the arms by none other than the flower princess herself.

(K: Katherine)

K: Tell me everything!

L: About what?

K: You don't think I haven't heard about yours and the Mezalean Prince ,who you hate, wedding Lizzie! When did it happen?!

L: Two days ago.

K: And you didn't tell me?! I didn't even know you started dating!

L: We aren't dating!

K: So how are you getting married in a few months?

L: It's an arranged marriage Katherine. Our Parents decided that since I am going to be Queen I need a king to rule by my side and since the mesa is the closest empire to us, they decided that one. It just so happened to be the empire I hate.

K: That's a lot to take in and I thought the prince of the Rivendell is dramatic.

L: true.

K: When's the wedding? Am I invited?

L: Katherine? You're asking if you are invited your my best friend of course you are invited! You can also be my maid of honor if you want to? Also it's on the 19th on August.

K: Okay! And yes I will be your maid of honor!

L: Okay great!

Me and Katherine talked for about an hour longer about the wedding and then I had to leave. Well I didn't need to leave for another half an hour I just hoped that Joel would still be there. I swam back home and saw him still sitting there. He spotted me and smiled.

J: Hey Lizzie!

L: Hi! What are you still doing out here? It's 4:30. Aren't me and my family coming over again at 5:15?

J: I may or may not have been waiting for you to get back.

L: Aww that's sweet!

J: I wanted to make sure you got back home safely.

L:  Thanks!

J: It's what all future husbands would do. smirks

This made me blush very heavily so I hid my cheeks under the water to hide it. Joel laughed at me because of it.

L: I'll see you at dinner.

J: Okay! Bye!