Chapter 10: A Spooky Night

A few weeks had passed since me and DJ performed our tribute to David Bowie at Regent's Park. Over time, I had gotten to know and even hanged out with many of my other brothers and sisters. Two of which included Deepak, who's fur pattern on the face resembled the Ying and Yang symbol and donned a black tangzhuang with matching pants both of which suited his hobby of meditation, following a method of philosophy that he referred to as the "Great Guru Miaow". The other of the two was called D-Pad and as evidenced by his name and the markings on his face that resembled that of a Super Nintendo controller, he was very big on videogames. His attire being of a purple hoodie with a black shirt underneath and simple grey jeans. His room when I first bonded with him was absolutely packed with memorabilia of almost every videogame known in the world from old to modern. Any other avid videogame fan would no doubt be jealous of his huge collection, he even showed me videogames that I didn't even know existed such as Tomba for the Playstation One which involved a caveman like kid fighting pigs to retrieve a bracelet they had stolen from his late grandfather.

The entire house was adorned in countless spooky themed décor, including garlands that held paper ghosts and pumpkins up and window stickers shaped like bats. It was now October 31st and everyone in the house was preparing for the big event. Regent's Park was having a having a big Halloween gathering and everyone in my family including mom, dad and I would be attending. The majority of my siblings were already in their costumes but I was currently sat on my bed trying to decide what costume to go for. I looked at one of my other siblings' beds and found a comic book with the front cover featuring a picture of the same German Shepherd I had seen on a similar comic on day one. Getting a closer look at it, I could read the comic's title as it read "Thunderbolt", with the dog on the front supposedly being the titular hero of this comic. I then noticed a slip of paper on Da Vinci's bed that seemed to have a few spots of black paint on it, possibly being used to catch any paint that dripped off of her paintbrush and that's when my brain hatched an idea.

I managed to find a white cloth head mask from under my bed and with the help of the Triple D, I got myself a brown trench coat with matching hat. Finding a marker in the kitchen, I drew a pattern of black spots on the front of the head mask before putting it on, followed by the coat and hat. A few minutes later, I came downstairs in my costume to see DJ in a white disco coat and matching pants and a blue and red thunderbolt face paint. "Woah, Cody, almost didn't recognise you there!" I chuckled as I straightened my hat. "Heyyy, is that Rorscach?!" I then heard D-Pad's voice behind me as I turned to see him in a red sleeveless jacket with a white shirt underneath, denim jeans and a red cap with a white front. Fortunately, D-Pad had often invited me to compete with him in many videogames including Fatal Fury so I recognised his costume to be aforementioned game's protagonist, Terry Bogard. "Yep! I remember back in school when one of my classmates lent me an issue of Watchmen!" I recalled as D-Pad admired my costume. It was a minute or so later when the rest of our siblings came down, all in many different costumes. Destiny of the Triple D for example was in a pinafore dress with a blue and white gingham fabric and red slippers.

"Nice Dorothy Gale costume, Destiny." I commented as she did a little twirl to show off. "Why thank you, Cody! I think it like, really brings out how cute I am!" She smiled at me as Dallas stood behind her in a black robe and a witch hat, pouting. "Yeah, but I like, still don't understand why I have to be the Witch of the West!" Dallas stamped her foot in annoyance as Destiny merely smirked at her. "Because everyone knows I'm the best star of the show!" Deja Vu who was no doubt costumed as Glinda the Good Witch just rolled her eyes at Destiny's narcissistic response whilst I tried to hold back a laugh at the Triple D's little sibling rivalry when Dylan arrived at the front door. "Alright, before we head out to the gathering, I have to ensure that everyone has their essentials. First of all has everyone used the toilet-" Dylan's lecture was suddenly cut off by Dolly who had simply gone with a vampire cape and a black shirt. "ALRIGHT GUYS, FIRST ONE TO THE PARK GETS THE MOST CANDY!" Dylan was immediately steamrolled by every single one of our siblings besides Dolly and I as they raced for Regent's Park. Dylan groaned as he got up and dusted himself off and was just about to head out the door after them when Dolly held him back by his shoulder. "Not so fast, bro! You still aren't in costume!" Dolly protested, raising a smug eyebrow at him. "Dolly, it's my responsibility to worry about our brothers and sisters' safety at this time more than being in garments! Besides what could I possibly wear?" Dolly smirked at Dylan's response, the latter's eyes widening almost as if he had realised what Dolly had in mind.