Chapter 1: Two Young Saviors

Cold, wet, injured... and unconscious. Probably the best way to describe me if you found me on the wet rocks at the side of a countryside bridge. I should probably rewind a bit.

Honestly, I can't remember how long ago it was since I fell out cold, but I do remember my jackass excuse of a dad stopping the car above the bridge, I think I could make out a fairly large city in the distance but my view of the sights was cut short when my dad opened the door and dragged me out of the car by the neck of my hoodie into the gloomy, pouring rain outside. I knew there and then that he finally had enough of me being around him and me existing in general and I could see it in his face whilst picking up that familiar and disgusting smell of alcohol from his breath. I didn't even have a chance to protest before I was thrown over the edge of the bridge and landing on the wet rocks, thankfully the bridge was fairly small so the fall wouldn't kill me, but I guess dad lost a few brain cells from all his drinking and thought it would.

But then again, it could've been an hour since I was literally dumped here and no one had found me so he may have believed that I'll either eventually die from my injuries or hypothermia. ...At least I'll finally see-

"Oh my gosh! Dizzy, look!"

I'm hearing voices. None that belong to me or my dad. Best case scenario is that someone actually did find me and was hopefully going to get me some help, strangely though... this voice that was quickly followed by another, they sounded like they belonged to some young girls.

"What's a human boy doing here?"

"Is he okay? He looks hurt!"

All I could sense from these voices were growing concern of me as you'd might expect. Even though I could hear them, I was still in my unconscious state of sleep so I couldn't respond to them. It wasn't until maybe a second later when I thought I could feel two pairs of arms carefully lifting my limp body, faintly hearing some struggling grunts from the sources of the two voices.

"Let's take him back and get Dylan! He'll know what to do!" I didn't know what happened after that but I could only guess they were probably taking me to their home, wherever that was...

Presumably one or two hours later...

My head was throbbing, the pain as far as I could remember was like when the time dad got so pissed off at me from drunken rage and smashed a beer bottle on me. Instinctively, I reached a hand to my head and felt something like the rough fabric texture of a band-aid, that was when I realised I was coming to consciousness. I slowly opened and blinked my eyes to fix my blurred vision, and my sight was met with a cream coloured ceiling. Still slowly recovering, I chose to just move my head around to look at my surroundings. I could see for one that I was laying on a blue couch decorated with purple and hot pink pillows. The wall the couch was placed against adorned many photo-frames but before I could get a better look at the photos in the frames...

"Hey, he's finally awake!"

I recognised that as one of the two voices I had heard back at the bridge. I turned to my left... and I did not expect what I saw.

Two anthro Dalmatian puppies who were probably around my age if not a little younger than me. One of which wore denim overalls with a blue under-shirt, her significant features being a few spots on her face and a fur pattern around her eyes that looked like an eye-mask and one ear being black. The other meanwhile had similar garments but the overalls were replaced with a skirt held by overall straps and her facial fur pattern was of what I could best describe was a rounded stripe squashed in the middle running from her forehead to her nose, alongside her having both white ears. The latter was carrying a glass of orange juice as she set it on a low table next to the couch I was on before they both leaned over me.