"We're ready," Rosalie says, her voice devoid of any emotion. She walks past Alice and out of her bedroom and Devyn watches her with a smile.

"Birthdays make her grumpy," Devyn says.

"Your birthday didn't," Alice responds, "She was actually willing to cooperate which is strange given the fact who Rosalie is."

"Hey, no bad-mouthing my girlfriend," Devyn says with a laugh.

"Sorry," Alice says, "I'm just excited! I mean in a year both Edward and Rosalie managed to find love and it's amazing."

Devyn smiles as she takes Alice's arm, "Come on. I'm pretty sure everyone downstairs is lost without you."

They head downstairs and Devyn quickly attaches herself to Rosalie's side. Rosalie wraps an arm around her shoulder and Devyn notices that Ellie was no longer in Rosalie's arms, but rather in the arms of Emmett.

"It's time!" Alice exclaims as she drags Bella into the room, Edward trailing behind.

Rosalie holds out the box that contained the necklace to Bella. Devyn looked at the unwrapped gift and exhaled in amusement.

"It's a necklace. Alice picked it out."

Bella takes it and forces a smile, "Thank you."

"Next up is Emmett's," Alice says as she hands Bella a box for a new stereo and Devyn glances over at the large man to see him watching Bella with excited eyes. She shakes the box, but it doesn't make a sound and she glances over at Emmett curiously.

"I already installed it in your truck," Emmett beams, "Finally a decent sound system in that-"

"Hey," Bella interrupts, "Don't hate the truck."

Devyn definitely hated the truck. She especially hated on the weekends when she came home and found Bella's bright red truck in the parking spot of her beautiful (and equally old) Mustang. 

Alice rushes up and shoves the next present into Bella's face, "Open Esme and Carlisle's."

This gift was actually wrapped. The first and only one that was. Bella took the gift and began peeling of the wrapping paper. She winces and holds her finger up in the light and Devyn can see the paper cut as clear as day.

She frowns and looks over at Rosalie who had tensed slightly beside her but didn't move. Devyn looked around the room to see that no one truly seemed bothered by the fact that Bella was bleeding.

No one but Jasper.

In a split second, Jasper was charging across the room at Bella and Edward acts quickly as he shoves Bella in one direction and Jasper in another. Jasper lands on the piano, but he recovers quickly, charging at Bella once again. Emmett and Carlisle both react quickly as they grab Jasper and hold him back.

"Shh," Alice says as she cups his face, "It's just a little bit of blood."

Alice's sentence trails off and she turns to look behind her. Devyn follows Alice's gaze to see that Bella was now bleeding badly. She pulls away from Rosalie and walks over toward Bella, kneeling before her.

"Hey, you okay?" Devyn asks as she inspects the wound.

"My arm," is all Bella says, "I think the glass cut me."

There was glass in Bella's arm and Devyn looked at it with wide eyes and then up at Bella who was doing a really good job at hiding her pain. Devyn looks away from Bella and behind her at the several vampires that were staring at them. She knew they could control their thirst, but she wasn't sure how they would do around an open wound.