Chapter 1: Everyday life

She hums a small little tune her mother used to sing while she sweeps the den down.
"EMMA!!!!!!!" Regina yells and she sighs, walking into her stepsisters bedroom.
"Yes stepsister?" She asks softly.
"I need this entire manor cleaned and looking presentable since Robin is coming to visit." Regina explains as she files her sharp nails. Emma nods.
Robin is the royal messenger or archer. Nobody really knows anymore.
"Anything else?"
"Mother wants you dressed and cleaned up for when he comes. Robin is expecting everyone to be there when he arrives including you, maid!" Regina spits and she sighs walking out.
Why are they so harsh!?! She groans and continues sweeping again.
-------------------
After she finishes cleaning the manor, she has about twenty minutes left to get dressed.
She escapes to her well attic that acts as if her room and brushes down her hair and pinning her bangs up with a red bow.
She dresses in a long red skirt, a soft white blouse and a black corset over top. She brushes down her skirt with her hands staring at her reflection. Not bad.
Emma rushes down the stairs and stands with her step sisters. Ariana gives her a small smile that doesn't go to her eyes whereas Regina glares.
Ariana is kinda nice and sing as rude as Regina and Cora. Ariana gives her breaks and isn't as harsh well when Cora and Regina are around.
"Hello beautiful daughters." Cora smiles as she walks into the entrance of the manor. "Emma." She spits.
Her eyes roll as Robin walks in.
"Hello Mistress Mills." He smiles and Cora returns the smile. "Queen Jones wanted me to give you all an invitation to the royal masquerade held in five days." He explains as he hands each of us an invitation including her.
Robin gives her a slight smile and she returns one as a thank you.
"Thank you Robin. Please give my thanks to the queen." Cora says and then turns, walking out. Regina smiles at him with fluttering eyes and Ariana waves before walking out.
When everyone leaves, Emma follows Robin outside.
"Thanks for the invitation. I didn't think I would get one." She says holding her invitation against her heart.
"Emma, everyone gets an invitation no matter what." He says and she nods. "And Emma I have a feeling things will get better for you." He smiles and rides off.
Nothing goes right, everything goes wrong.
-----
She takes a trip to Red's cottage since she finished all her chores. The only thing she can't do is stay past midnight. Stupid curfew.
The ride is quick and easy. Something she enjoys. Long journeys are exhausting.
When he arrives, she ties her horse, Melody to a nearby tree and knocks on the door.
Red swings it open and pulls her inside. She looks nervous, scared even.
"Whats wrong Red?" Emma asks worriedly.
"Hunters out there." She whispers and Emma nods.
Hunters are always looking for Red since she turns to wolf every full moon. They all know about her and they aren't really fond. The only time she is aloud outside of the cottage if it isn't hunting season.
"Hello Granny!" Emma greets as she watches the old women bake a pie. "Smells delicious!"
"Hi Emma. How's things?" She asks hugging her tight. Emma sighs and Granny nods.
Red and Emma tell her all their problems so nothing to hide with Granny.
"Gran?" Red asks taking an apple and shoving it in her mouth. "Can I go to the masquerade with Em?"
"When is it?" Granny says rolling her eyes.
"Five days time. Anyways no one will recognize me since it's a masquerade. I'll wear my hood and I'll lay low." Red begs.
"Ruby I know how it is around here. Lived in these parts all my life and I've learned every nook and cranny. Someone will recognize you and I really don't want to risk it especially since it's still hunting season!" Granny explains and she pouts.
"I'll be with her!" Emma chips in. Granny is about to reject but she cuts her off. "You trust me and I will make sure no one will recognize her no matter what!"
The old women looks from Red to Emma thinking thoughtfully. Red has her puppy eyes out and Emma smiles her usual winning smile.
Granny sighs. "Fine. If if you guys are back at exactly midnight! If not Red you will be stuck in this house without leaving for a month!"
"Okay okay! We will be back I promise!" Ruby says. Granny rolls her eyes again.
"Thanks so much!!!" Emma says giddy hugging the women.
"You won't regret this!!" Red yells as they both run off to her room.
The rest of the time, they plan everything out and the only thing they don't think of is about dresses. They will worry about that later.
They are in the middle of a conversation about a ride when Emma stares at the clock.
"Aww FRICK! I got to go! I'm going to be late!" Emma curses and runs out of Red's room. Granny waves goodbye and Red follows her.
"Bye Em! See you tomorrow?" Red asks opening the door for her. Emma nods and then rushes to Melody. She climbs on and they both zoom back to the manor.
When they arrive, Emma climbs the vines of a roses patch by her wall and then climbs through her bedroom window. She looks at her makeshift clock and it's exactly midnight. She sighs in relief and goes to her vanity. Bushing out her blonde locks and taking the red bow out of her hair then changing into her night dress. Doing her usual routine before climbing into bed.
Once her head hits the pillow she is out.