S4: Ep 35 - The Invitation

Start from the beginning

Ah. Just what I needed. A distraction.

Just as (Y/n) was about to move in, a ringing suddenly rings in his ear, startling him. He quickly picks up and Lloyd's voice speaks through the com, "Hey (Y/n). Since you missed the test run for Borg's secret and unbreakable security, Wu caught on-who probably already speculated and just started asking questions-that neither of the guys are ever gonna show. So I'm setting up a meeting at Chen's Noodle House. I'm getting the team back together."

(Y/n) froze before snapping out of it, "Wish you the best of luck."

"You have to come. And see the-"

"Can't, busy."

"Wha? But I didn't even tell you when and the time!"

"Dude I can't come. I'm so-"

"I had enough of your bullshit. You are coming to the fucking meeting. You can't keep running from your problems. Remember what you told me when I was a kid? 'If you keep run-"

"I'm not running."

"ning from your problems, it's gonna bite you in the butt.' So stop acting like a child!"

". . .I taught you so well." he sigh. "Like it was yesterday, you were a cute yet bratty and stubborn kid. Now you're all grown up. It brings tears to my eyes." He jokingly sniffles.

Lloyd chuckled on the other side of the com, "Who's the kid now, (Y/n)?"

". . . .Okay fine. Just stop attacking me. Like c'mon man! I don't like confrontation. Can you blame me? I'm only human."

"Okay great. It's tomorrow at 7, Chen's Noodles on Riverhead, Downtown. See ya there, bye."

"Yeah, yeah. See ya there, bye."

A snicker was heard on the other line before the call disconnected.

(Y/n) sighed, "Chen's Noodles. I'll keep that noted." A blaring alarm rings through the air. He gasped. "The break-in!"

-----

"There's only one Master Chen's, Ninjago's number one noodle house."

The recording played as Kai tirelessly looks up at the restaurant before heaving a sigh. He walks into the festive noodle house and sees it's a full house. As the Red Shogun scans the room, Lloyd suddenly popped up from one of the booths next to the conveyor belt, ​​"Kai, back here." He waved him over.

Walking up to the booth, Kai is shocked to see two familiar faces with Lloyd, "Jay? Cole?"

The two perked up and are equally surprised as him.

"Ha, you too?" Cole then turns his back on them and watches the food on the conveyor belt stroll by.

Jay scowled, "The runt tricked us all."

No words are spoken furthermore and Kai took a seat beside Cole. He reached for a plate of sushi rolls but gets stopped by Lloyd, "We talk first, then eat."

Cole grumble, "Uh, trust me, do you know what kind of restraint I've had to stare at all of this noodle goodness? You're late."

Kai rolled his eyes, "Make it quick."

Lloyd shook his head, "Not until (Y/n) gets here."

Jay groans, "How long do we have to wait? Kai already set us back."

"Hey, I was finishing up a shift." Kai countered.

Cole gave him a confused look, "But didn't your shift end an hour ago? How long does it take? I mean, Jay got here before you."