The Power Surge

The boys gathered together outside of what they figured was where you were being kept. Fear ran throughout their veins as they waited for the chance to dive in and save you. The others hadn't figured out what special gifts they had, but with Jimin's lightning, they figured they'd be able to accomplish something.

"Okay...Remember I'm going to burst in and then Jungkook with slide in, hopefully, the adrenaline will cause our powers to emerge but if it doesn't, we just let Jimin fire away." Namjoon says, extremely confident in their plan

"I'm sorry...What?" Yoongi wonders in disbelief

"This is going to go down horribly and we'll all die and mom will win," Jin says as he facepalms.

"I think we all just need to have a positive outlook," Taehyung says with a wide smile

"We're doing all this and we don't even know what will come of it. What if we save her and she doesn't feel the same?" Jimin worries

"But what if she does?" Jungkook challenges

"She kissed us...That means something right? And what if mom is like mind-controlled or-"

"If you defend that woman one more time Hoseok, I swear to everything that I believe in--"

"Okay...Enough Hoseok and Yoongi. We don't need to be arguing about this. We need to be in there." Namjoon says sternly as he glances at his brothers.

"Luckily, I don't feel like this is the end. I have faith that it will do as it should." Taehyung smiles

"We'll see," Jimin says unsure

***

"Half a pound of tuppenny rice, Half a pound of treacle. That's the way the money goes, Pop! goes the weasel."

"You insolent child will you shut up!" The grotesque monster pleaded

"Up and down the City Road, In and out the Eagle, That's the way the money goes, Pop! goes the weasel." you sang as your cage dangled in the air. Deciding to you continue, much more confident than the many minutes before.

Something in you felt safe, taken care of even. You weren't sure what it was but whatever it was, gave you the balls to keep taunting your kidnapper.

After Elise left, the monster returned and had been ignoring you since. Not that you had much to say anyway.

"Did you know there's a version besides the British version? Shall I sing that one too?" you taunted

"Girl I warn you--"

"All around the Mulberry Bush, The monkey chased the weasel. The monkey stopped to pull up his sock, Pop! goes the weasel." You accentuated the 'Pop' on purpose and watched as his shoulders tensed with it.

"You'll be sorry..." he says as he gathers his fellow roomies, the insects, and sends them towards me, with a mischievous grin.

You grin back and continue, "Half a pound of tuppenny rice, Half a pound of treacle. Mix it up and make it nice, Pop! goes the weasel." you finish as the bugs come charging at your cage.

***

Ella finishes slicing down the middle of her hand steadily, she watches as it effortlessly drips onto your forehead.

She whispers multiple please's to herself as she watches the blood fall to the left and right of your face. She begins muttering words in a far, otherworldly language. The blood turns into a dark, black color and begins to move along your face, creating some type of sigil.