Chapter 20 Disagreement

Start from the beginning

I scratched my cheek, "Pass. I'll let you be the idol. I'm not cut out for that kind of life."

"But you are beautiful, have an amazing voice, and awesome style," Chifuyu's girlfriend, Misaki, complemented, "You'd be famous in no time!"

"Thank you?" I thanked her, unsure of what else to say. I turned to my brother with a victorious smile, "I'd say that I won. You owe me 500 yen."

He frowned, "How was I supposed to know you could sing? I feel like I got cheated."

"A bet is a bet, Takemichi-kun," Hinata came to my defense.

I went back to my spot next to Mikey who stayed silent through the whole ordeal. I had refused to look at his reaction. I wasn't sure I was ready to see it after singing a song that was meant to be about him.

Did he like it? Why didn't he say anything?

"It's too bad Ayato couldn't be here," Emma commented with a frown.

The room's atmosphere changed as everyone looked down at the thought that Ayato couldn't be present today. I know why Emma wanted him there. Ayato was her sibling after all. I felt my heart tightened.

"Oh, before I forget," I said, moving to grab the small backpack I brought along with me. I took out a small box and a card, "Here. Ayato wanted me to give you this."

"You've talked to Ayato? When?" Draken suddenly questioned me.

I could feel everyone's eyes on me. I regretted not pulling her away from the others and giving them to her alone.

"Yesterday."

"Where did he meet you?" This time it was Mikey.

I turned to look at him as he stared at me with a stoic expression.

"My house."

"He came to your house? Why didn't you call me?"

I furrowed my brows, "It's not like he was going to hurt me, Mikey."

"You should have told me."

"It's not a big deal. They came to drop off Emma's present with me and left."

"They?"

Oh, fuck.

I sighed, "Ayato, Baji-kun, and Kazutora-kun."

I felt a chill go down my spine as Mikey's expression changed. I should have never mentioned that Kazutora was at my house.

"Are you okay?" my brother asked from the other side of me.

"Why is everyone looking panicked? They are our friends. They wouldn't hurt me."

"They are with Seven Deadly Sins now, Kai," Mikey informed me, "They aren't with Toman."

"That doesn't mean they would hurt me!" I said a little louder than I had anticipated. I looked at the rest of our friends for help. "Anyone?"

"Mikey's right, Kai," I turned to Draken, his jaw tense. "We don't know what they have planned. We can't be too careful. They are the ones that chose to join Seven Deadly Sins." He looked at Chifuyu, "Don't you remember what Baji did to Chifuyu when he was in Valhalla?"

I did. Chifuyu was beat up real bad. But this wasn't the same.

"As much as we want them back with us," Mitsuya added, "They are with our enemy right now. And you are Mikey's girl. Valhalla already went after you because they thought they could hurt Mikey through you. You don't think Seven Deadly Sins will try the same? They have people you trust which would make it all the more easier to take you."