“So, what is this bond you guys are talking about?” I asked. Mina looked at her husband, asking for help. “Uhh, Amin, you have to be patient while listening okay?” Min Jun asked. I nodded, hesitantly.

“You see, in vampires there is this thing where some of us kind of form a bond -called the Blood Pact- with another; it can be a vampire or a human” Min Jun explained slowly.

“So, this Blood Pact is more like a protection bond. In it, the vampire who forms the Pact protects the person, with whom it is formed. The vampire becomes over protective and would do certain things and go to certain heights to protect the other. This bond, like I said, is formed for protection. So the vampire does everything he or she can to protect the vampire or person. The vampire would try to stay close to the one the Pact has been formed with, and sometimes, staying away from that person is difficult for the vampire. The Pact is felt more on the vampire side but sometimes, in some cases, the other one whom the bond is formed with too can feel it….in, uh, certain ways. Like, they can feel the vampire’s emotions sometimes, and they can feel when the vampire is close or in danger, and they too, sometimes can’t stay away from the vampire. Oh and the vampire can’t drink the blood of any other vampire or human other than the person the Pact has been formed with. This is one thing the Pact restricts the vampire to. If they drink the blood from some other creature -human or vampire- they’ll simply die.” I just tried to process it all.

After a few minutes, I broke the silence. “So, you’re saying that Jimin….” I trailed off. Both Mina and Min Jun nodded. “Yes, the Pact formed between you and Jimin,” Mina said. “But why?” I asked.

“Clearly, Jimin feels protective of you. So when he suddenly saw you in danger tonight, the Pact formed. On its own, more like, but out of care, fear and protection,” Min Jun explained.

Can it be broken…somehow? “And no, it can’t be broken, Amin,” Mina said, “it cannot be forced and it certainly cannot be broken.”

I looked down, taking it all in.. So Jimin made this Blood pact with me. And now he will try to protect me at all costs. I was kind of angry. I couldn’t let him stick to me all of my life, letting him protect me. I was an adult and I could protect myself well enough. I never needed a vampire to protect me and I had a life too. I couldn’t just let Jimin stick to my side for the rest of my life.

But, I couldn’t blame Jimin. It wasn’t his fault, right? Or was it?

“Listen, Amin, it’s not Jimin’s fault,” Min Jun said. Seeing the look on my face he must have guessed that I was blaming Jimin for all of this. “He didn’t do it on purpose. It just….happened.”

That was one way to put it. “Look, Amin, I’m sorry, we never meant for you to get involved in this. I thought that night three months ago, everything returned to normal,” Mina said.

I sighed and looked at Jimin. He was looking at me. We made eye contact for a few seconds and his eyes told me all I needed to know; everything was going to be okay.

I took in a deep breath and I nodded a little. Mina and Min Jun gave me small smiles and came to hug me. They really were sorry, but now there was no going back. I hugged them both back and gave a small smile and a nod.

“Well, I guess now you both should go home. It’s been a long night, and you both need to figure yourselves out,” Mina said. I nodded and looked at Jimin. He nodded too and after saying our goodbyes to Mina and Min Jun, we left.

We got into Jimin’s car, and he drove away. “Are you okay, Amin?” Jimin asked after a while. “Yeah, I guess I am. Maybe, it’s not that bad. Maybe I just need to give it some time,” I said. Jimin smiled a little, and then took my hand in his.

“It’s going to be alright. We’ll figure this out together; the two of us,” he told me. I nodded and smiled. “I’m just glad that it was you who the bond was formed with,” I said. He smiled and said, “Me too, Amin.”

Jimin drove to his home. When we reached there, the automatic gates opened and he drove inside. He then turned to me with a very serious face and said, “You are going to stay here. I don’t want you out of my sight for now.”

He was very serious and I knew that he was commanding me and not asking for my permission. I didn’t argue and instead I just nodded.

We went inside and up the stairs into our rooms. As soon as I had closed the door of my room, I fell to the ground, against the door and let it all out; everything I had been holding inside, everything that happened tonight and three months ago.

I never even wanted to think of how my life could have ended so easily that night or tonight if it wasn’t for Jimin.

I finally let all my bottled up emotions and cried. I had been holding back tonight and I had held back three months ago.

I finally let it all out.