Chapter 8 ~ Plaza Obsession

"Angie? Angie are you there?" My eyes felt groggy as I lifted myself off of my mattress and stumbled over to the door. As I was about to open the metal door, I slipped on a certain item causing me to fall on face.

"Ah, fucking damnit!" I grumbled as I sat up, opening the door to see Darrell standing there. "Ugh, hey there kiddo. What's up?"

"Oh, well, daddy has been trying to call you for an hour and I just wanted to see if you're alright." My eyes shot open as the look of fear was smeared on my face.

"For an hour?! What time is it?!" I nearly screamed, practically shook Darrell's entire metal body. "I-it's t-ten fifteen!"

Fuck, I must've slept in! "O-okay! Just tell Box- your dad, I-I'll be r-ready in a minute!" He nodded as he goes to find Boxman. I quickly went back to my room and struggle to put on the maid outfit. My anxiety was everywhere by this point as I finally got the costume on and nearly sprinted towards to door. I opened the door to reveal Boxman. Oh shit!

"M-my lord! How are you?!"

"Silence!" I immediately shut my mouth as I felt guilt washing over my body.

"You were supposed to be up two hours ago," he practically yelled, but soon toned it down a bit, "but it's fine. I have a meeting to go to in a few minutes. Clean up the kitchen and don't slack off while I'm out!"  He stomps away, still with anger in one of the stomps.

I sighed silently as I walked towards the kitchen to see the kids eating nuts and bolts with oil in their cups. "Morning, kids," I smiled tiredly.

"Morning," the kids replied happily. I grabbed the dishes off of the counter and begin to wash them. "How was your sleep, Angelique," Raymond asked sarcastically.

"Oh fine," I said sarcastically, "just a good yelling from your father to start my day." Darrell and Shannon chuckled as they stuff their faces.

"When you guys are done eating, please wash your plates. Don't leave it out." Everyone nods as I continue to wash up the dishes.

~~~~~~~~~~Time Lapsed~~~~~~~~~~

"And done," I said as I finished mopping up the tiled floor. I sighed in relief as I placed the blob of dirty water in the sink. The appreciation from this had me smiling like no tomorrow. I turned around to witness Boxman standing there with a smile.

"Holy cob," I said, startled, "my Lord, you're back. How was your meeting?"

"Oh, it was fine," he said with a smile, "the Boxmore company is still running fine, the villains are happy with the production-" after that he muttered something. "Sorry, what did you say after that," I asked, but he denies repeating it.

"Don't worry about it. Just- nice work around here."

"Thank you?" I gave him an awkward smile as I receive a...real smiled from him. That's a first.

"Anyways, if you need me, I'll be relaxing in my office." With that, he walks towards his office, still smiling warmly. What in the world happened at that meeting?

I brushed it off and decided to go on with my day. I headed towards the kid's play room to see them gathered around the table, playing a board game.

"Hi Angie," Darrell waves, "would you like to play with us?"

"Yeah sure? Is it too late to play though?"