Chapter 4 ~ What A Date

"Wake up, you! You need to clean up today!" I grumbled in frustration as I tossed and turn on the torn mattress before a spring slits my cheek. At first, I thought it was my mother's screaming before I realized that, I'm no longer at home...I'm at Boxmore.

I sat up for a hot second as Boxman continues to bang on the door. I ran towards the door to see him glaring up at me, fist ready to pound on the door again. I looked at him with a groggy expression until he growls lowly.

"I told you what time you need to get up and you shouldn't even have an excuse on why," he explained in anger, pointing his finger at me, "do that again and I won't even hesitate to throw you into the furnace, got it?"

"Yes," I cringed in response, "my lord."

"Good, now into the kitchen!" I nodded at him as I walked towards the kitchen to see just a few piles of dishes on the side and just a stain on the floor.

"This will be a piece of cake," I said as I grabbed a rag off of the counter and wipe up the stain off of the floor. With that done, I walked over to the sink to dunk the filthy dish into the water to wash it.

As time passed by, washing dish by dish, the smell of burnt metal and smoke was lingering around me. I quickly glanced behind me to see that it wasn't coming from the oven this time. It was coming from a different part of the building.

I ran throughout every part of the building, up and downstairs to find where the smell was coming from until I came across a room where it looks like it leads to Boxman's lair. I looked over at the keypad to figure out the code; it's six numbers and Darrell knows it. I remembered Darrell explaining that it's supposed to be Boxman's name.

2-0-9-6-2-6

Magically, it didn't work.

I groaned until I've decided to type in his business name.

2-0-9-6-6-7-3

Well, I'll be damned, it worked. Darrell could've told me that it was his father's company name, instead of his actual name.

I opened up his lair and darted my eyes to see that black smoke was coming from a furnace. I dashed towards the furnace to see a giant roast engulfed in flames. Swiftly, I grabbed some mittens from the kitchen and back to grab the roast, but due to the heat, I accidentally dropped them onto the floor.

"Shit." I picked up the now 'crispy' roast to examine it until I heard footsteps. I nervously glanced around the room, trying to hide it, but I just shoved the pan back into the furnace. Quickly, I headed back into the kitchen to pretend to clean up; let the water go down the drain, putting dishes up, etc.

It was silent for a few minutes until a shocking screech was heard from the Boxman's lair. I leaned back to see Boxman running towards the kitchen with the pan in hand, still engulfed in flames. I backed away from the sink as Boxman throws the pan into the sink, running cold water over it.

Boxman and I watched as the flames extinguished, steam filling up the room. There was complete silence between the both of us until Boxman curses with a hint of whining in his voice.

"Oo-ho, ooh, it's ruined," Boxman whines as he lays his head on the counter, "it's all ruined!!" I walked towards him as I pat him on the back to at least, comfort him a bit. I didn't know why, but I wanted to stab his ass for a bit, but...he is my boss.

"H-hey, I-It's alright, Box- I mean, my lord," I stuttered as I continue to pat him on the back, "w-we can make another one." Boxman lifts his head, making me stop.