Chapter 36 Sneak Peek *Teaser*

Doris turned off the vacuum and was in the middle of rolling up the cord when Pierce walked in. He paused to say hello. "How is she?" He asked quietly. Claire hadn't noticed his entrance over the sound of the vacuum.

"She looks tired. Stressed. She hasn't sat down since she came in."

Pierce sighed. So much for things being okay now. "Thanks, Doris. Why don't you take the rest of the day." She gave him an understanding nod and patted his arm before turning to put the vacuum away.

Pierce entered the kitchen. Claire had her back to him. She was hunched over the counter, rubbing her stomach. "Hey." He said softly as he stepped up behind her. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I just have a headache and this tightness across my stomach. It's uncomfortable."

"You need to sit down. You've probably been on your feet all day. Come on." Pierce led her toward their room and sat her down on the bed. He took her shoes off and she curled onto the bed. Pierce slipped off his own shoes and slid in behind her. He spooned her, holding her close and rubbed her stomach as she took deep, soothing breaths. 

*** Thank you so much for reading, commenting and voting! Let me know what you're thinking! ***

Full chapter coming 12/7