𝑫𝑿 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒔

SAGE POV
It has been a couple of days since we returned from the lake house. Tonight was game night; we mostly played dumbass games. The first game was twister; Darry spun the wheel as for me, Soda, Two-bit, and Pony would be on the mat.

"Sage, left-hand yellow."

I placed my hand carefully on the yellow dot in front of Pony's foot. "Soda, Right foot Blue," Darry announced; Soda put his leg over my back, so I could not get up. "Pony, your choice," Pony put his foot on a green dot next to two. He had the easiest one yet. "Two, right foot yellow" Two swings his leg over Pony's leg, so now they crisscross each other.

The game continued until Two-bit fell on top of Pony, so they were both out. "Just you two now." Johnny joked as he watched from the couch. Soda smirked and placed his hand near my hand. "God damn It, Soda." I thought to myself. I always thought his hand veins were hot. As he would flex his hand to have his veins pop out.

I sighed and positioned my leg near his foot so that if he moved it, he would fall face first. He saw what I had done and placed his hand over my left hand. It was my turn, and I shifted my foot other foot to perform the same to his other. Soda's turn wasn't so fortunate because he had to move one of his legs. He picked up one and went down face-first to the ground.

I got up and praised because I had won; we maintained to cheat in games. Even Darry did a couple of times during a game of chess. As we played many games, the final match was Truth and Dare.

Darry went to bed; it was the only eight of us. We sat in a circle with an empty beer bottle in the middle; it would work by someone spinning the bottle, and who it landed on, they asked truth or dare. You gulp your drink if you don't do the dare or truth.

"Who first?" Johnny raised a question; we all glanced at each other until Dally piped up. "I'll go first," he lit a cigarette and twirled the bottle. The bottle whirled at a fast pace until it landed on Pony. Dal smirked and seized his cigarette out of his mouth. "Ponyboy, Truth or dare?" he confessed, blowing smoke while talking. Pony thought for a moment.

"Dare,"

"Go run around the neighborhood just in your boxer." he tempted; Pony arose as we came after him outside. "You seriously going to do this?" Steve taunted; Ponyboy was still getting stripped. "Hell, yes." Pony shouted. He began to run down the road; we all called and laughed.

EMMA POV
I moved in with my father and my brother Dakota; I stayed with my grandmother until I could move to Tulsa. I was finishing unpacking my suitcases. "What the hell!" I heard my dad exclamation. I raced downstairs with Dakota behind me.

We made it downstairs to my dad, watching out the door. "Those boys are no decent; one of them is running down the street only in their boxers." Dad sneered. I peeked out the door to boys shouting and cheering, a pair of girls with them. As the boy appeared back, he was getting slapped or shaken around by the others.

I smiled at their funny jokes as they did flips and rough house back inside. "Emma, don't go off hanging with those kids. They are bad news." my dad ordered; I shook my head and headed back upstairs as their voice ran through my mind.

THE NEXT MORNING:
I woke to Dakota knocking on my door. "Dad told me that we have to pick a few things up from a gas station," he informed me; I groaned and got up; I pulled on some clothes. I walked downstairs to just Dakota, but no dad. Where is Dad?" I asked. Dakota looked up "he is looking for a job." he replied and walked out the door with me behind him. He locked the door, and we began to walk.

I was new around here, so I didn't know my surroundings. We walked in silence until we came up to a DX. We walked inside to a girl whose light blue shirt was unbuttoned with a white shirt under it. She was smoking a cigarette as she browsed the newspaper.

We walked to her as Dakota smacked the counter. She jumped and put the cigarette out on the counter and glared. She was glamorous and about my age. Her eyes shine with rage. "How May I help you today." She inquired with gritted teeth. Dakota grinned and looked around the store. I didn't understand why Dakota was messing with the girl.

He finally spoke, "I didn't know you worked here." She looked behind her shoulder at the door behind her and sighed. "Why do you care, Smith," she whispered; before he answered, the backdoor opened to three guys running out the door.

"What the hell," she jumped over the counter and ran outside, two guys beating the crap of the other.

"Fucking bastard," one yelled; they stopped, and the girl trotted over to check the person out. "There a pulse," she got back up. She walked back inside and dialed a couple of numbers on the phone. They all wore the same blue shirt. The two boys came walking over to us.

"What are you doing here?" One asked as the other looked at me, "Cute little broad, you got there." He commented, "that's my fucking sister," Dakota snapped; one chuckled as the other rolled his eyes.

"I better explain to Sage why I just kick a guy's ass," one groaned. We walked inside; the girl, who guessed was named Sage, she tapped her nails on the counter. "SODAPOP CURTIS, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ALL ABOUT!!." She shouted; he grabbed her hand. He murmured something to her as her eyes softened; she nodded.

------------------------------
I have struggled with this chapter for days and just published it. I will probably change the chapter title when I imagine a decent one soon. And probably explain more of what happened in the next chapter. ❤❤