"Maybe he'll adopt me." Angela said dreamily, again, as she began to day dream about the very very low chance of that ever happening. It was that low, it was practically never going to happen.

"And that's Jasper." Jessica said, gesturing to the honey blonde boy that had helped Seraphina earlier. He glanced at her, catching her looking at him. He could feel her gratitude towards him, although it was easily seen in her eyes. They were now calm, the storm had passed inside them. "He looks like he's always in pain." At the comment Jasper frowned, he saw Seraphina glare at Jessica and he felt her anger spike.

Was Seraphina Swan someone that got annoyed easily? Yes. Most definitely.

"Shut it, Jessica." She said lowly, her gaze hardening if possible. "No one likes you big nose."

"Who's he?" Bella questioned, seeing a boy with pale skin, unkept bronze hair and hardened eyes.

"That's Edward Cullen." Jessica replied, sounding like she was completely infatuated with him. She shrugged off Seraphina's cold glare and ignored her, like she usually did when the girl was in a mood. "He's totally gorgeous, obviously. But apparently, no one here is good enough for him. Like i care." As Jessica scoffed, Jasper caught Seraphina smirking at her.

"Well, obviously you do." Seraphina said in a matter-of-fact tone, but also a mocking one.

"Anyway." Jessica firmly said, glaring back at the Swan girl. "Don't waste your time."

"I wasn't planning on it." As Bella said this, she peeked back at Edward and Seraphina sighed.

"Sure." She mumbled, picking up her bag and leaving the cafeteria. She was through with the school day. Before she left the room, she took a glance at Jasper, smiling softly before leaving.

Seraphina walked through the halls of Forks Highschool, but she never saw Jackson. Not since she walked out of history, which was two hours ago.

She wasn't worried or concerned for him, per say, but she didn't wish him unwell.

"Seraphina!" She turned her head, only to see her blonde best friend - Caleb - come bounding towards her. His eyes shined slightly, although his brown orbs were often warm and shone, even in the darkest of times.

"Caleb!" She yelled back, the two friends laughing together softly before the boy's expression became serious.

"Uh...Jackson was looking for you." Caleb hesitantly said. He knew of what Jackson tries doing to Seraphina in lessons, and he knew the girl did not like the boy, but he was just playing messenger for the moment.

"Tell him to bugger off." Seraphina spat, her lifted mood now souring.

"Well, i can't." Caleb looked at his best friend apologetically and Seraphina sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Why not?"

"Because he's in the woods." Seraphina frowned and now her hatred for Jackson had dissipated and in its place stood fear. Fear that something had happened to the boy because she remembered him once telling her that he would never go into the woods.

He was afraid of the woods. The forest.

"Dammit." Seraphina looked left and right before pushing Caleb towards her locker. She opened the combination and set her backpack inside. "You know my code. If i'm not back before the end of the school day, take my bag home and tell Dad that i went out with Jessica." Caleb nodded and set a brave face on. Caleb Winters was not the bravest of people. In fact, he was the opposite. He was afraid of almost everything to do with the outside world. He was shy and kept to himself.

But that had changed the day Seraphina - literally - made his jaw drop. She had hit him in the face one day in primary, and she dislocated the poor boy's jaw. It was righted and the two began to chatter away as Seraphina repeatedly apologised and said it was an accident.

She was trying to get her pencil back from Bella, but her hand slipped and somehow Caleb was caught in the cross-fire.

"I'll see you soon, bud." Seraphina ruffled the anxious boy's hair and smiled softly before jogging out the school and towards the woods. She didn't stop jogging until some form of whispers gathered around her.

"Left." They hissed and she started walking in the direction she was given. "Right. Right. Straight. Left. Stop." Seraphina followed the instructions, stumbling on tree roots a couple times before she finally came across something she wished she didn't. There was a blood pool near her feel. A literal puddle of blood, and when she looked up she was frozen in fear. Her throat clenched and she found it hard to breath. She had the urge to open her mouth but what good would that do?

But the urge became to much.

She opened her mouth and as soon as she did, a rippling, ear piercing scream erupted from her lips.

{holland roden is not the face claim, obviously, it's just her scream}

Somehow, all the way in the cafeteria, Jasper Hale and his family heard the wail. It was a sound they had never heard before. They looked at each other in concern before leaving the cafeteria inconspicously. They went towards the scent of blood and they soon found a girl standing and staring at something within the tree branches that they couldn't quite see yet.

"Seraphina?" Jasper called out, recognising the girl's outfit. The girl in questioned turned, her normal vibrant blue eyes had tears brimming inside them as this new concept of powers and whispers came from inside her mind. She didn't know what was happening to her.

"He's dead."

hey, how was it?
Comment and vote xx