04. A run in with Bunny Goyle

Start from the beginning

Then Tom raised a hand, "Bunny hush,"

"Bunny?" August scoffed in disbelief, "what kind of nickname is that?"

"It's short for Edmund," Bunny dropped his voice to a hiss, his eyes narrowed onto him.

Abraxas just laughed, a loud laugh that made August tear his eyes from Bunny to him.

"Not that I don't enjoy you arguing with each other," Abraxas started boredom seeping through his voice, "but I'm tired and I'd rather not speak to the freak," turning his head to August, he gave him a smile full of teeth, a mocking smile, "so can we sleep now?" He returned his gaze to Tom expectantly.

"Fine," Tom spoke rolling his eyes, "you need your beauty sleep I forgot,"

"Yeah, he needs a lot of it," Bunny replied dodging out of the way of Abraxas trying to slap him.

The other Knights, Theo and Reinhardt entered a moment later, grinning and out of breath. They looked as if they had ran back to the dormitory, which they probably did. In hopes of avoiding the ghosts of the castle.

They hurried to bed the moment August snapped the curtains of his bed shut. Collapsing back into the pillow, letting the comforting softness close his eyes and begin to dream once more.

....

It took August twenty minutes to get from the Slytherin common room to the great hall.

That was if he was rushing, today, it had taken him half an hour.

Mainly because Edmund, or Bunny as he know knew him as, had started to walk with him. His weight crushing as he slung his arm around him.

August had tried to shoulder him off, but it was no use. The boy was just too strong. August had thought he might've been half troll or something, but apparently that wasn't a novel thought amongst students.

"get off," he scowled in frustration as they walked up the staircase.

"Maybe if you said the magic word I would,"

"Get off or you'll end up like Marina," he threatened angrily looking down at him.

For someone short, Bunny was annoying. He was like a Chihuahua, yapping, hoping for someone to play with him.

"Ooh," Bunny let out excitedly, "threatening me on your first week, that's not good,"

"And why not?"

"Because, I heard about your talents elsewhere my dear," August pulled a face at the nickname before he continued, "on the Qudditch pitch, you were a chaser, correct?"

"Yes . ." He said squinting his eyes, wondering where this was going.

"Well our chaser fell, poor sod can't even come back to school," he explained not really sounding sad at all.

"You should try out, it's in October, if you don't be mean to me again, that is." he said sizing him up with his eyes, August wanted to shrink away from his gaze, but unfortunately was still stuck between his meaty arm.

"If you let me go I might just,"

Bunny must've been thinking as he stops speaking, it was odd seeing Bunny quiet. He didn't seem like the quiet type.

"Deal," Bunny concluded with a nod, as if that was a good enough deal in his small brain. He then takes his arm away from August.

August, feeling the unwelcome weight lift from him, smiled. "Good, see you on the pitch,"

And then Bunny bounded away, up the stairs and into the great hall, no doubt to greet the rest of the Knights, who'd woken up early for no reason at all, though August liked to believe they were all avoiding him after what had happened last night.

All expect Bunny, with his annoying cheery demeanour and his biting gaze. Maybe Bunny just didn't quite get social cues in the same way the other Knights did, and saw no problem in speaking to him, even after their argument last night.

All was forgotten according to Bunny. Maybe because of the argument, this was how August would get in with the Knights.