Scaramouche Headcanons

Requested by LJMooon

Additional TW: mentions of torture and stalking

I hope this is somehow what you wished for!

○ There really isn't a specific reason for him to have any interest in you

○ There really isn't a specific reason for him to have any interest in you. It is only a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. You simply could be vibing on the floor and that would be the beginning of your downfall.

○ Maybe it is even because you don't pay any attention to him and live your decent life. You're neither bad nor good, you don't particularly like or dislike him and you're not wealthy or poor. You are objectively so normal that it becomes interesting again.

○ Despite the fact that he noticed you, you won't hear anything from him for a long time. Besides the proper research about as a person that has to be done, he himself has to figure out what he wants from you in the first place.

○ While gathering information of you is quickly done, the other point remains a mystery. He lived, based on human standards, for such a long time and yet he can't figure out a simple thing like his emotions, which is something you won't benefit from on the long run.

○ From the moment on when the Harbinger decides that, whatever his opinion on you actually is, he will keep you as close as possible, changes will happen in your daily life too. Every obstacle that would give you a reason not to join the Fatui or him is going to be taken care of.

○ Another advantage that comes with this procedure is that he can see how well you handle stress and misfortune. After all he needs to know how far he can go in case that you misbehave.

○ The day he considers you ready to go, you have the very first actual interaction with him. With confidence and an innocent smile, he approaches you and directly gets to the point. At the end of the conversation, you agree to his proposal to become his assistant because of his sugar-coated words and alluring offer.

○ Overall, your new work isn't bad. Excellent payment and safety to the price of abandoning your hometown and a full-time job that only requires you to take care of documents.

○ The only catch is Scaramouches occasional perceptible temper. You dont have to do anything wrong and he would still get so mad that you would have to go to sleep with small burn marks caused by lightning. Nothing too serious but still.

○ The only thing that you know he despises is you acting without an order. He knows that your intention itself isn't bad, but somebody in your position should'nt even think about their own will. Give him the impression that he loses control over you and he will push you back into your position even harder.

○ The only person you will be able to properly communicate will be Scaramouche. Neither does he like it when you leave his side, nor when you enjoy the presence of someone other than him. The ones you aren't allowed to talk to in particular are the other Harbingers. Nobody poses a greater risk to somehow snatch you away from him than his colleagues since they have similar power levels and resources. The same goes for Archons but he is smart enough not to let you near them.

○ As long as he doesn't go somewhere extremely dangerous you will be at his side 24/7. Scaramouche constantly needs to know what you are doing and he also needs to make sure that your life more or less circles around his.

○ Despite the fact that he has a strong desire to control you, he doesn't see you as a puppet or a tool. Scaramouche knows too well how it feels being seen as one. Though he will still call you a full set of other hurtful names when his mood is bad.

○ In terms of gifts, you can't expect all too much from him. Thanks to your exceptional payment you usually don't have to worry about anything material. The only things he maybe would gift you are clothes that he considers to fit you better that the ones you buy yourself.

○ Affection is even harder to find. If he interprets his feelings in a romantic way, he might initiate kisses and physical contact, but only if you don't seem too extremely against it. Going too far against your will would eventually break you after all and he wants to preserve your sanity as far as possible. Other things that can be interpreted as affection are him, for his standards, being lenient with you and showing deep trust in you.

○ As previously mentioned, he wants to preserve your sanity as far as possible, but if you stray too far from the path he wants you to go, he will pull you back the hard way, no matter what damage is dealt in the process. He basically can do everything to you as you belong to him, so if you really fúck up, be prepared for physical and/or psychological torture. You can be replaced at work but nobody can replace you at the side of the Harbinger.

○ Would you be able to escape him? Certainly not under normal circumstances. He has enough resources to find you in any corner of Teyvat. You would need somebody really strong and cunning to help you maintain your free status for a longer time than a week. And all of this is only hypothetical if you manage to escape because that event itself happening would be a miracle.

○ If you are hoping that death will free you one day from your misery, you have to put your trust into someone wanting to kill you and be successful with it. Scaramouche will find a way to make your body immortal just like his.

'Aw, come on puppy, it is not like you have anyone to run to, so why don't you accept my affection? If you just give in, I can promise you that you will never again have to worry about a thing. You even won't have to think for yourself. Just leave everything to me.'

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!