Kokomi x Female! Reader Headcanons

Requested by Fabienne-chan_2006

I hope this is what you wished for!

○ Ever since you were young your task was it to assist the later Divine Priestess of Watatsumi Island

○ Ever since you were young your task was it to assist the later Divine Priestess of Watatsumi Island. Not only do you accompany her during her official duties, she finds your presence pleasant enough to spend her few bits of private life with you too. You two basically grow up like siblings.

○ Even when you two grow older she insists that you stay at her side. That circumstance leads to your nickname 'Her Exelency's shadow'. There is only a handful of people who know her as well as you do and she treasures the time with those trusted people very much. Of course, you have a particularly special spot inside her heart.

○ No matter how exhausting her day may be, your gentle smile and sweet voice replenish her energy to a bearable level - a lifesaver for an introvert like Kokomi.

○ Not only do you help her with her tasks as a priestess but also with those of military nature. It doesn't matter if you're actually interested in the arts of war or not, the long time you spend with her is enough for you to keep up with her thought process. With two minds working on the same thing mistakes are less likely to happen. Nevertheless, you are never present on the battlefield itself since in Kokomi's eyes one strategist risking their life on the battleground is sufficient.

○ This strong presence inside her daily life leads to her getting awfully used to it. Nobody fancies the idea of losing the things and people they love. Out of that fear a new unit is created - one to assure that nothing happens to you and that the wish of leaving never arises inside you. Everything concerning this unit is top secret and only the handful of people who are in it know about it. So you yourself will never hear about.

○ Anything that poses a threat to your happiness on Watatsumi Island is being taken care of. Usually this is carried out by purely diplomatic and/or peaceful means, but when the situation is dire enough to endanger the island as a whole other units will get involved too to eliminate the danger.

○ The secret unit and her personal books that describe her level of energy are the only things she hides from you. She knows that those two would put her in a questionable light. Losing your trust is one of the last things she wants.

○ Kokomi loves you dearly and would prefer to spend her whole time with you, alone. Despite that she doesn't neglect her duties and does everything to make a happy life possible for every one of her people.

○ During meetings it sometimes happens that Kokomi's thoughts drift off and focus on you instead. After that having happened a few times, you learned to write down every important matter and detail that was mentioned during it. Luckily for Kokomi, you don't know that you are the reason for her inattentiveness - you simply interpret it as a sign for her getting tired.

○ Sometimes it is hard for you two to separate work and private life since both are so close to each other.

○ Kokomi might not be the best at understanding humans in general but you are an exception. You are the person she has spent most of her life with so it would be strange if she didn't. She knows how you think, what you like and dislike and your habits. In contrast to most characters in this book she doesn't even need to stalk you for that - you give her all those information willingly.

○ As long as the war inside Inazuma is going on you can't expect any too lavish presents from her. I mean, what would be the use of giving you something expensive if Watatsumi itself gets run over by the Shogunate forces? But once the political situation has calmed down you can prepare yourself for presents of your taste more often.

○ Kokomi's preferred way of spending time with you is in her save heaven surrounded by books. Either you two read together, talk about deeper stuff of just enjoy each others company silently. When the weather is good enough, you two go out for swimming too.

○ Kidnapping, or anything similar, is unlikely to happen. Your life is directed by Kokomi in a way that makes it unlikely for you to lose interest in her and her home island. If something like that would still be to happen, she would simply use a strategy to force you back to your previous position. Bluntly kidnapping you would have a high risk of ruining her public image.

○ You two are in each other's center of life and changes are unlikely to happen.

○ The only possibility for this to actually happen is one of you dying. No word in the entire continent of Teyvat would be able to describe how devastated Kokomi would feel when loosing you. It would be hard for her to continue her work as the Divine Priestess and sadness would be prominent on her usually calm and gentle face but she would continue her work as long as possible.

○ So overall, a decent yandere to have around. Nice and friendly without ever showing her more extreme side.

"We are like a shoal of fish. We live, feel and avoid dangers together. When a fish distances itself from the others it becomes an easy prey for more dangerous creatures. Therefore, it is wiser to stay together and to move as a unity. Let our happiness last as long as possible."

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!