Self-Aware! Thoma x Reader Oneshot

Requested by Wayfayrr

I am sorry for the delay but I hope this is what you wished for!

Additional TW: mentions of violence

If you don't play Genshin Impact on your phone, pretend that you do for this one as some things would make no sense otherwise.

'Why is life so exhausting?', you sigh upon seeing all the paperwork in front of you

'Why is life so exhausting?', you sigh upon seeing all the paperwork in front of you. 'How can it be that I am already working on this for an hour but that cursed pile hasn't decreased a single bit?!'

Being frustrated and bored your eyes wander of to your turned off phone. '...I know that I will regret this later but I deserve this break.'

You throw aside your work and focus instead on your phone. 'No new messages, means I can play Genshin Impact!'

As you have cleared your daily commissions you notice that you have gathered enough Primogems for a ten-pull. Looking at Hu Tao's banner you are tempted to spend them. 'I am far away from pity and I really want Thoma after playing his free time event... There is barely anything to loose so let's challenge the rng-gods.'

Pressing the 10x wish-button you only get the 4-star animation. The first one to appear is... Thoma.

'Wow, that was fast. Why did I go for a whole ten-pull again?'

You tap the screen and get another Thoma.

'Alright, C1 I guess.'

Next is, again, Thoma.

'...'

With every following Thoma your face get more and more concerned. in the end you have a total of 10 Thomas.

'I don't know what the fúck just happened, but this is certainly worth a screenshot. Not only that but probably a heavenly sign for me to build him too.'

Since you have all the needed materials ready, you can immediately ascend him to level 80, so you add him to you party.

After a while of playing with your new character you stop playing as your guilt of ditching your work becomes more present again.

Many hours later, around 11PM, everything is finally done. Being as exhausted as you are, you fall asleep at your desk.

The next morning, you are woken up by the soft rays of the sun. 'What a nice morning... I cou- Wait, did I oversleep?!' Your head leaps up from your desk and the piece of paper that stuck to you face falls off.

Grabbing your phone you check the time. 'Fúck it's 10, I did ove- No, I am an idiot - it's Sunday. Phew...'

You yawn and rub your eyes. 'Now that I am already awake I can get something to eat too.'