Chapter 42 - Don't seduce me

The weather bureau's forecast was accurate, and the temperature dropped sharply in the second half of the night.

At five o'clock, Jennie woke up once. She was worried about Roseanne, fearing that she would be very cold.

Jennie got up and put on a coat and went out of the bedroom. She walked through the corridor and gently opened the door of Roseanne's room.

It was deep in the winter season, and it was still dark at five o'clock in the morning. Jennie was careful not to wake Roseanne up and did not turn on the night light. She just looked at the person on the bed with the help of the dim light on the phone screen.

Fortunately, Roseanne obediently took out the thick quilt before going to bed and put it on. So, she shouldn't have been cold. Jennie tucked in the quilt corner for her, covered Roseanne with the coat she was wearing and walked out of the bedroom.

What Jennie didn't know was that the scene when she returned to the room was caught by Aunt Li who was coming upstairs.

Aunt Li was around fifty-two years old this year.

When she was younger, she was Young Miss Kim's nanny. Later, when Jennie moved out of the old house after returning to Korea, Hye-su was worried, so she asked Aunt Li to follow along. However, Hye-su was afraid that her daughter would think too much and would think that she was monitoring her, and let Aunt Li take care of her during this transitional period. Staying with her was to prevent the newly hired Auntie from moving to and fro when Jennie was not eating well. Originally, it was meant for her to return a few months later, but during those two years, Jennie and Hye-su were extremely busy and gradually forgot. After this incident, Aunt Li stayed for nearly ten years.

Aunt Li was getting older and slept less at night. At four or five o'clock every day, she wasn't able to continue sleeping so she would get up to clean the house and prepare breakfast.

Normally, she would definitely not come upstairs at this time, so as not to wake Jennie and Roseanne. But the temperature today dropped so drastically that she was afraid that the two would be freezing and wanted to go upstairs to see if the central thermostat was on.

Before she could finish climbing up the stairs, she saw Jennie coming out of the Roseanne room and then going back to her own room.

Aunt Li instantly understood something.

With a smile on her face, she went downstairs with great relief.

In the past few years, Aunt Li did all the daily purchases for home use. In the past two years, she couldn't keep up with her physical strength, and the burden was passed on to the family driver. Every morning, Aunt Li made a list of things to buy, handed it to the driver, and she would buy the items and bring them back.

After Aunt Li went downstairs, she added a few more ingredients to today's menu.

At half-past six, Roseanne woke up in a daze. Looking at the clothes on the quilt, she then realised that... Jennie had visited her last night.

The indoor temperature was indeed much lower, and Jennie was worried about her.

Picking up the clothes, the corners of Roseanne's mouth raised unconsciously.

After understanding each other's hearts, Roseanne learnt something new about Jennie every day.

Jennie was actually a person who was cold on the outside and hot on the inside.

Except for the confession in the study, Jennie seldom spoke with such passion and tenderness... Not only that, but occasionally, she had a bit of a poisonous tongue and would take advantage of the situation and bully Roseanne, causing the young man unable to lift her head up for a while. But after removing the outer shell, what was left was Jennie's warmth.