Chapter 40 - You don't know how much I like you. I can watch you work all day.

Roseanne's original intention was only to accompany Jennie to work, so she'd worn casual clothes before going out. She wore a camel sweater and denim pants. It was fine if she were to stay in the office doing homework and eating snacks but for meeting strangers, it was a bit too casual. Although Jennie said nothing and told her that it was pretty good, Roseanne still felt that wearing her current clothes was not respectful to others.

Fortunately, she had some clothes in the lounge area in Jennie's office. Roseanne opened the small cloakroom partitioned away from the rest of the room and picked slightly more formal attire.

Jennie pushed the door into the lounge area and said, "Help me take out the black dress suit. I want to change into it."

Roseanne agreed as she took the suit for her, came out, and handed it to her.

Jennie's dress has faintly wrinkled that was accidentally pressed during the meeting, she put it aside, and took the new one that Roseanne gave her.

Jennie looked at Roseanne in the mirror, who was standing in a silly manner holding her clothes and said while fixing her dress, "Why are you in a daze? Don't you want to change your clothes?"

Roseanne hurriedly replied, "No, no. I'm not... I'm not in a hurry."

Roseanne's ears were red and her eyes were darting around.

Jennie paused for a moment and the corners of her mouth twitched slightly.

Roseanne was embarrassed to change in front of her.

After fixing her dress, Jennie held with one hand, turned the full-length mirror to the other side, turned her back to Roseanne, and said, "Just change it, I won't be able to see."

Roseanne's impassive expression was pierced by Jennie at once. She felt a bit annoyed and a little dissatisfied with herself. They were lovers with mutual understanding, what was wrong with being embarrassed!

Roseanne took off her sweater and denim pants and quickly changed her clothes. When she finished, Jennie just slowly smoothed out her dress.

Roseanne breathed a sigh of relief. Jennie turned her head and looked at her up and down, then suddenly asked, "Was it white?"

Roseanne blushed and replied with shame, "You promised not to look!"

Jennie, being a gentlewoman, smiled. "I mean the colour of your dress, why are you so agitated?"

Roseanne trembled, looked down at her white dress, and said, "Oh... Yes, I-I'm sorry."

Jennie, who was screeched at by her lover, was in a good mood. She nodded and smiled. "It really turned out to be white."

Jennie, who was dressed like a strict boss, smiled and opened the door to go out. Roseanne silently covered her red face and couldn't help roaring in her heart.

This... What a perv!

Jennie, who tasted a delicious pre-dinner dessert, took Roseanne to the banquet calmly. Unexpectedly, Jennie didn't come out to discuss business but simply to meet a friend of hers.

This person was a classmate of Jennie. She returned to Korea a few years after Jennie. After coming back, she had been developing her business in the South. Now she was a tycoon in the local jewellery industry. She looked a few years older than Jennie. After chatting about it for a while, Roseanne found out that she was actually half a year younger than Jennie.

As they were old classmates and hadn't seen each other for a long time, it was natural to have polite greetings. Jennie's ex-classmate also prepared a gift for Jennie. "This is the collection we are launching next year. It was modelled last month. There are only a few of them. Take a look at this gift and see if you would like to keep it or give it away."