Chapter 1 - First Meeting

Three days later, in the same private tea room, a fine-looking woman in her thirties and a delicate and pretty teenager sat opposite each other.

"I haven't seen you in a few years, you've grown a lot." Jennie refilled the cup of tea for Roseanne, who was sitting in front of her, and continued, "Don't be nervous."

"Auntie Jennie." Roseanne pursed her lips," I'm not nervous, so..."

Jennie smiled, "Just change the way you address me from when you were young. After today, we will be of equal standing. Just address me as Jennie. "

Roseanne stubbornly took a sip of hot tea, coughed, and whispered, "Auntie Jennie. You... Are you really willing?"

Jennie said indifferently, "Do you want to see the special investment project plan that our two families will be working on together next year? It will be of great help for me to have family ties at this point in time."

Roseanne nodded slightly, "I... I know."

Jennie raised her eyebrows in surprise, "You know?"

"My mother had revealed everything to me." Roseanne didn't hide anything and confessed, "Grandmother initially wanted me to marry your cousin so that I am able to enter school. Plus, she wants to cooperate with you for business purposes. "

Jennie was slightly surprised, "I thought she would only tell you about the enrolment."

Roseanne shook his head, "No, my mother had explained everything in detail, and she let me decide for myself."

"I didn't expect Aunt Shin-hye to be so democratic... It seems that you have made up your mind when you came to meet me today." Jennie was a little intrigued by her and laughed, "Before coming to meet you, I had initially thought that I needed to whisper sweet nothings to persuade you. It seems that you are more mature than I'd imagined."

Roseanne nodded slightly, "My mother wants to back down because of me. But I don't want to make her suffer because of my selfishness."

Jennie carefully looked at Roseanne and felt that he was an extremely filial daughter.

Jennie hasn't seen Roseanne for many years and didn't have any impressions of her. She only learned about Roseanne's age and appearance from her mother and knew that she was the same as herself — raised in a single parent family without a father figure and growing up with a mother. It was said that her grades were very poor, and she was facing difficulties enrolling into Yonsei.

Jennie originally thought that she was going to marry a rebellious, impulsive, ignorant girl for the Kim family. Now, the situation seemed much better than she had expected.

It was clear that Roseanne understood what she was doing.

Jennie was very satisfied. The preliminary meeting was progressing smoothly. Now, she was able to start to clarify the responsibilities and obligations in this marriage. "Our grandmothers have a tacit understanding of cooperation. Between the both of us, let's not talk about the prenuptial agreement. Our marriage only serves as a temporary measure. Our mothers know that we will all get what we need in this marriage of convenience, but it is only limited to this. Without raising the attention of the media, we will not interfere with each other's lives. This kind of interference, including but not limited, to our love lives."

Roseanne didn't quite understand, "In-Including but not limited to..."

Jennie smiled, "It means that as long as we don't get filmed, we can both have separate lives, mentally and emotionally."

Roseanne's face suddenly flushed, and she nodded awkwardly, finally understanding her meaning.

As Jennie has been mingling in the scene for many years, her skin was thick and she wasn't embarrassed about what she had just said. She continued, "You will need to move into my house after the wedding, is that okay?"