Chapter 37 - I have never lied to her

Jennie arrived at the tea restaurant ten minutes earlier than the agreed time.

She didn't know Shin Hye's preferences, so she ordered refreshments according to Roseanne's usual likings.

Within a few minutes of waiting, Jennie had already listed the worst-case scenarios and worked out countermeasures for them one by one.

Jennie was not afraid of trouble. This matter would have to be faced sooner or later, and it would be out of control if Shin Hye were to first see it when the magazine was released.

Since she had given up the shortcut route, she had to be prepared to face more complicated situations. However, she still felt a little regretful when she thought of the worst... she should have treated Roseanne better.

In this negotiation, the biggest variable was Roseanne.

If Roseanne's final choice was to not make Shin Hye upset, then Jennie's thoughts would become a joke no matter how many countermeasures she had.

But this was inherently contradictory. If she went against her resolution and established a true relationship with Roseanne in advance, Roseanne could eventually break up with her because of "I don't want to make my mother upset" or "I feel we are still incompatible" and so on. The damage would be even greater.

Since she had decided to leave the choice to Roseanne, she had to face whatever was coming her way.

As Jennie went to see Shin Hye at noon, the job of fetching Roseanne from school naturally fell on So-hee.

"Ms. Jennie has something to do during lunch today. She wanted me to pick you up." So-hee opened the door to Roseanne and put her hand on the roof to prevent her from hitting her head. "Do you want to go home or eat outside?"

Jennie occasionally had work issues at noon, so when So-hee came to pick her up, she didn't suspect anything and got into the car. "Go home, I can't think of anywhere to go."

Checking the time, Roseanne asked, "Have you had lunch?"

So-hee was still thinking about Jennie's meeting with Shin Hye and shook her head when she heard that. "No."

"Let's eat together later on." When Jennie was at home, she would occasionally ask So-hee to stay for dinner. To trouble So-hee to pick her up, it was too inappropriate for her to leave just like that. Besides, after picking her up, So-hee would go back to the company and wouldn't have time to eat. If Jennie was busy in the afternoon, So-hee would have to go hungry. It was also not easy to have a cup of coffee in the middle of it all. Roseanne was afraid So-hee would not agree and she continued, "Anyway, Auntie must have made Jennie's share, and it would be a waste if no one ate it."

So-hee was stunned. Jennie's previous "companions" had never invited her for a meal.

Those who were unable to distinguish the situation thought So-hee was merely an ordinary life assistant and would shout at her at will. So-hee naturally didn't say anything, but she knew that the so-called superiority of the other party's ignorance was reflected in Jennie's eyes. There was no need for her to say anything as Jennie did not have a hobby of associating with idiots.

Roseanne was not like that. Whether it was to herself, the auntie or the driver, she would treat them the respect they should have. Doing this was not to please Jennie. When So-hee sent Roseanne to Shin Hye's house, she saw it with her own eyes. The same was true for the auntie in her own family.

To be considerate and respect everyone, it was not hard to like her.

So-hee was a straight woman. She usually didn't understand Jennie's messy tastes. But whether as a subordinate or a bystander, she felt that Roseanne was a hundred times better than those around Jennie in the past.