Chapter 5 - First Meal

At 6:30am the next day, Jennie woke up on time.

Jennie always had very good habits and followed a regular schedule. Even if she went to bed late at night, she would definitely get up early, take a shower, eat breakfast, read newspapers, and deal with business issues that were delayed due to the time differences of various countries...

Jennie checked the time after washing and prepared to wait half an hour before waking up Roseanne.

Jennie opened the door and went downstairs. After scanning Roseanne's room, she unexpectedly found that the door was wide open.

"Where is Roseanne?" Jennie went downstairs, looked around and still didn't manage to find Roseanne. She took a sip of tea that was on the table, "Has she gotten up?"

The housekeeper auntie brought the prepared breakfast to the table and nodded with a smile, "She has been up since six o'clock and is currently running outside."

"Running?" Jennie was a little surprised, "She got up earlier than me?"

The auntie nodded, "Yes, she got up half an hour earlier than you. I didn't think she would come down that early, so I hadn't prepared her breakfast yet. But she said it was okay and that she would eat when she finished her run."

Jennie didn't expect that Roseanne's schedule was healthier than her. She was quite surprised and said, "If that's the case, please help her prepare a sports drink every morning."

The auntie agreed.

Although it was only breakfast, it was Roseanne's first meal in this house. Jennie didn't move away from the dining table, but sat and handled business affairs while waiting for Roseanne to return.

Fortunately, Roseanne didn't run far and make Jennie wait for long

When Roseanne came back and saw Jennie reading the newspaper while waiting for her, she embarrassedly grabbed the waist of her pants and fidgeted slightly as she said, "You, you don't have to wait for me."

Seeing Jennie put the newspaper down, Roseanne didn't wait for her to speak, and her eyes kept looking at the hearty breakfast that was placed in front of her and said, "Besides, there is so much food. No matter how much you eat, the leftovers will be enough for me."

Auntie didn't hold back her smile, while Jennie brows rose slightly and said, "I don't eat much... enough, quickly let's eat."

Roseanne actually wanted to take a shower first, but since Jennie had been waiting for her for a long time, it would be bad to continue to make her wait. Just like that, Roseanne proceeded to sit next to Jennie and had breakfast with her.

What Jennie said was right. She usually didn't have a good appetite for breakfast. After having two slices of toast, half an omelette, and a cup of coffee, she would be full. But for Roseanne, she was an adolescent, plus she exercised in the morning. Thus her appetite was more than three times that of Jennie. Roseanne was used to eating breakfast by herself. Towards the end of the meal, she realized that Jennie had already stopped eating. She was a little embarrassed and glanced at Jennie.

Jennie sensed Roseanne's dilemma, and the corners of her mouth were slightly raised as she had another fried egg. She accompanied Roseanne and leisurely ate the fried egg whites.

Roseanne noticed Jennie's reserved kindness, and her heart warmed at the sight. She ate with a peace of mind till her stomach was mostly full.

After the meal, Jennie sent Roseanne to school.

Yonsei had been established for a century and aimed to provide talents to major universities at home and abroad. Based on the purpose of rigorous academic research, the threshold had always been high. Jennie considered the actual situation and said, "At the beginning, it will be difficult to keep up with the progress of the students. You don't have to be too eager; give yourself a smaller goal, and slowly take your time... Within two years, as long as you are able to be admitted to the university you like, it's fine."