But I thought about that. What if I did move there with Journee? Cam and I could still hang and we'd be there with our ladies, just chilling and being in love.

Then again, Journee and I would be around each other a lot. Plus, I gotta work extra hard to keep her since this finance fool lives there and may check her out.

She may get annoyed with me being with her because I constantly want to be around her. Not 24/7 but I want a little bit of time with her every day. I never want her to forget about me but she may feel I'm overstepping.

Maybe this long-distance thing is good for us because it gives us a chance to miss each other. When we visit, it'll be like we never left and our feelings will be multiplied.

We can text, video chat, call each other, and probably send letters until then. I'm willing to take that chance with her. This means we can travel to other places, meet in the middle just to spend time together, and build our relationship like that.

"Tripp, you ready for this bash, my guy? It's 'bout to be fire."

Hell yeah, I am. My favorite girl will be there and it'll be her first time going.

The Summer Bash is held every year around the beginning of summer. Think about the ending of Grease, except more realistic and adult-like at night. There's a big ass Ferris wheel that everybody can ride and so many family-friendly games, restaurants, vendors, etc right on the beach.

At night, the freaks come out. Bars open up and restaurants stay open until three in the morning, there's a strip club right beside a taco bar, stores stay open a little later, and there's a big ass party on the beach. You don't know how many times I've had to be an Uber driver for drunk strangers.

Not this evening. This evening, I'll be with my girl and nobody else will be in my car.

Anyway, we all go our separate ways and pack up our stuff. We do stay around the corner and can come back anytime we want but I'm going to miss this place for a while. I miss my own apartment but we have some fun times packed into this beach house.

This place was passed down to Ryker at 18 so it's been part of our lives for a while now. One time, Ryker was trying this threesome thing with two women. Mallory followed him here and it was a big ordeal. Everybody on the block was outside, listening in on the drama happening here. Now we just look back on that and laugh because Mallory's banned from being on the property.

Now that I think about my apartment, that would've been a better idea. Journee and I could've been at my place and had way more fun.

But this room, at the beach house, will forever hold so many memories and hopefully more new memories next year. Now, I'm just reflecting on my first few weeks of summer.

I've learned that time doesn't matter when it comes to...well, love. It can be ten years or ten minutes; love comes when it wants to and you can't stop it.

I can't even lie to myself; I'm falling in love with Journee Davenport. These feelings I have for her are real and I want them to last beyond our days on this earth. Our connection is strong and Journee is addicting in every way.

Our worlds have become one and I believe in it prospering.

I know Journee's the one for me. She's competitive, loves with her whole hard, sexy as hell, and brings out the best in me. Fine as wine and all mine.

Going through my clothes and other stuff, I find the rest of my cash on the side of my bag. Still had a little over 4k left and my plans were to pay off my car, a few other bills, and save the rest up. I still got a few student loans to pay off anyway.

As I stuff my things in the suitcase, I hear a knock at the door. Cam opens the door and leans against the door panel.

"You need some help with all that, Big Bucks?"

I forgot that Cam and Cass stuck around that evening. He saw me win and ain't say shit to me. Good thing he's the supportive one.

Laughing it off, I get my things ready and take a deep breath. Her essence is still in here.

"Tripp, I came in here to just tell you thanks."

My eyebrows furrow, wondering what the hell he was thanking me for. How did I help him in anyway besides a little advice about moving to Kentucky?

"You're the only man who's listened to me. I can't speak to Ryker or Isaiah without being targeted and degraded. All my life, I've been taught to not cry and hide my feelings because it makes me soft. You're different and I appreciate that. You're a good friend."

Couldn't deny any of that because I grew up in the same environment. Shut up about my feelings, beat somebody's ass if they fuck with you, get a 'masculine' job like engineering, and make yourself look good for these toxic women that only want you for whatever you got.

Isaiah and Ryker have been like this since high school while Cam and I balance the friendship out. We're the chill ones.

"Cam, I'll always be here for ya no matter what. Your feelings are valid and don't nobody got time to be worried about what others want you to do in your life."

I think of the first night I spent time with Journee; that night at the lounge. I wanted to make a good impression on her but I looked stupid instead. However, her opinion mattered to me and she gave me another chance.

Patting Cam on the back, I finish off with "I'm proud of you and Cassidy. I know you two will make a great couple so keep the faith."

"I will. Thanks, Tripp. By the way, I'm off to pick up some flowers for Cass. You wanna roll with me?"

Flowers...why do I have the sudden urge to go with him? Him getting flowers sends me reminder to do something but I can't remember what.

I decide to go along with him and, as soon as I get in the car, I remember.

Yellow tulip on our actual first date. The glass tulip! That's what I need to get before Journee leaves!

****
Heeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy everybody!

Nope, I didn't post this yesterday because I was tired af! After looking through it today, I realized...

Tripp sounds so much like a pick-me in this chapter. I don't like it...but I'm not changing it yet. Lol

Anyway, tell me what y'all think!

Cam has a few more weeks to change his mind. Should he?

What about Isaiah? That backstory doesn't give him the right to be the way he is but does it make sense why he is that way? If you haven't noticed yet, Isaiah's that super toxic friend that is over-the-top and the other guys stick around just because nobody else would want to hang with him.

I know, I know. This ain't a good reason for them to stick around but that's the way it's rolling in the story. But things may change.

Y'all ready for the end? Because I am! I can't wait y'all! Lol I been struggling, at this point, to write it out! And we bout to end it off at the end of the year?! I can't!

Anyway, thanks for reading about my crazy hopeless romantic and iron heart. It's not the best but it's something.

Love y'all!