chap. 21 | night time shananigans

"Finally at home! Today was a long day that's for sure

"Finally at home! Today was a long day that's for sure."

At last, we returned back to Gorou's house to relax for the night after an awful long day.

"I agree, I'm pretty much drained."

Gorou's ears perk up like he suddenly remembered something.

"Oh no! I completely forgot to use up all the eggs before I left...but it expires tomorrow. Looks like I need to cook something now before it's too late."

Ah, expiration dates. Cooking with him seems enjoyable but...

"Hey, do you have flour and sugar lying around?"

Baking would be much more fun.

"I see where you're going with this! Come to think of it, I pretty much have all the ingredients to make a cake. Would you care to join me to bake?"

"It would be my utmost pleasure! Let's go get started."

Scrambling to the kitchen, I search through the fridge and the cabinets.

There laid two bags of flour, as well as a bag of sugar.

"Someone's excited to bake..."

"Hey, you're the one that loves sweets!"

We laugh in union and continue to take out all the things we needed, like bowls and spoons.

I have absolutely no idea where everything is, and so I almost flip the kitchen inside out before finding everything we needed.

Eventually, I found the bare minimum of cake ingredients and get got to work.

I started to mix in a bunch of ingredients and eyeballing everything.

"3 eggs seem like a good amount right?" I ask myself.

"Eh, this amount of flour looks fine." I say randomly.

"Not too much sugar but enough to make it sweet...this seems good enough." I mutter.

"Doesn't it look a bit dry?" He replies, observing the sad-looking cake mix.

"Ohhhh right! Milk! You're a great baking partner." I remember.

He gives me a worrisome look after handing me the eggs.

"Are you sure know the exact measurements for making a cake? I barely know what I'm doing."

"Eh, I'm just eyeballing it. Just watch the master!" I say proudly, like I know what I'm doing.

"Whatever you say..." He replies rather unsure.

I start to pour in the milk, and I see that Gorou's back is turned.

Glancing at the leftover flour, I think of a brilliant yet dumb idea.

Hmm...should I start a flour fight?