chap.6 | make yourself at home!

As we arrive back in Inazuma city, night had fallen

As we arrive back in Inazuma city, night had fallen. It was around 7, so we decided to get dinner by nearby food stalls.

But when we were finished eating, Gorou had a sudden realization that made his ears perk up.

"Y/N...I'm really sorry to trouble you but um.." I can tell that Gorou slightly turned away from me.

I wonder what's wrong?

"But what? What's troubling you?" I ask.

"So I may or may not have just realized I don't have a place to stay, so do you mind if I stay at your home temporarily? I promise it won't be for long. I'll compensate you too I swear!" He looks me in the eyes as I see his determined expression.

I laugh a little to myself. How would I say no to someone like him?

"Gorou, of course you can stay! How could I say no to my sister's best general? I think it would be straight up rude if I did hm? Oh right, there's no need for compensation too! You're free to stay however long you like, even if it's for a lifetime."

Okay that might've been a stretch but honestly, I really enjoy Gorou's company so it's okay.
I watch Gorou as his expression tunes from worried to relieved. His ears perk back up and I swore I saw the slightest twinkle in his emerald green eyes...

Oh quit daydreaming about his pretty eyes!

"Thank you so much! This means so much honestly, words can't explain how thankful I am for you. First you accompany me for a whole day on this island, and now you're letting me stay at your place, I'm really glad you're here to keep me company Y/N!" He enthusiastically says.

I don't know if he realizes, but his commentary actually means so much to me. It's not often I get praised like this, like ever actually. I give him a genuine smile.

"Of course! Now let's head that way shall we? My house is a bit small but it'll do I hope. It's right around the corner of Inazuma city, right before Byakko Plains."

"Let's go then!"

We walk side by side on the pathway that leads to my home. Although it's silent on the way there, it's a comfortable silence. A silence that lets us both know that even if it's quiet, we enjoy each other's presence.

I'm going to be honest, it's really nice to have a friend like this to hangout with, even if it's just for a day.

I can't remember the last time I actually spent time with someone other than my sister back at Watatsumi Island.

Oh right, I used to be friends with Kazuha two years back. After his incident with the Shogun and Tomo, he visited my home island for a new start. And so sometimes, we would walk along the beachside talking about everything and nothing together.

Before I get even more lost in my thoughts, we had arrived at our destination once again.

"Anddd we're here! Sorry it looks a bit small but it gets the job done of being a shelter I guess."

"No it's completely fine, I'm just happy I have somewhere to stay!" Gorou says, holding the front door.
What a gentleman, I think to myself.

Maybe chivalry isn't dead yet. (lol jk this is just me fantasizing that i'll find someone like gorou. when is it my turn to be happy man🥲)

It's around 9PM when we settle down. Oh rightttt, I only have one bed. Well, that's an issue isn't it. Um-

"So the only problem is that I have one bed butttt...it is a queen sized mattress so if I use some of my pillows to make a border we should be fine. But if you don't like that idea I can sleep on the floor too, I don't mind. Take your pick!"

"No no no, I can't possibly ask you to sleep on the floor in your own house. No way! The first option sounds okay though..so- woah you have a million pillows?!" He stares in awe at my collection of random pillows I have.

A long white one, a circular pink one, a grey decoration pillow, another white pillow and a brown fluffy one, oh hey that kind of looks like his tail..wait no- get back on track here Y/N!!

"Alright that's okay with me. I'll go fix up the pillow arrangement and make yourself at home 'kay? Feel free to grab water from the fridge by the way if you need it, I don't mind if it's you that takes it. Wait no that came out wrong- what I meant to say was I trust you to take whatever you please.." I smack myself in the face for messing up my sentence.

Geez, what kind of host am I?

"Thanks! Will do then. Oh and thanks for everything again, I genuinely can't express in words how grateful I am for you to be doing all this for me when you barely even know me." He looks away bashfully.

I swear...Gorou is the cutest ever. I don't know how to deal with so much praise that it's making me kind of embarrassed too!

"Anytime! Even if I barely know you, I do know that you're a kind person and so I trust you to be my friend!" I reach my hand out to give him a fist bump cause you know, why not?

He looks at my fist questioning it at first, but ends up fist bumping me back.

"This can be our sign of friendship! A fist bump!" I announce to him proudly.

Gorou's ears twitch a little- oh my god I can never get over how adorable that is. I have to be sure to not say that out loud though, because now my new goal is to pet behind his ears one day and groom his tail if he allows me.

It's just so fluffy, but I won't ask anytime soon unless it just randomly comes up in a conversation. Wait no- snap out of it Y/N!

"Good idea, I like it." I can tell he smiled, even in the dark. It makes my heart happy, seeing his smile.

"On that note, it's getting late and it's definitely been a long day for us. Let's try and get some sleep alright? Goodnight Gorou!"

"Goodnight, Y/N."

And so we slowly drift off as the clock strikes 11.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n: so thank you guys for 100+ reads!! i would also like to thank my one loyal voter who had voted every chapter so far LMAO 😄👍 don't forget to vote if you enjoy and thanks for sticking around 💪💯 have a nice day/night 🤙