chap. 15 | a little conflicted

"Hey Y/N! I assumed she wasn't here so I came ov

"Hey Y/N! I assumed she wasn't here so I came ov..."

Oh archons. He looks behind me with his mouth agape, staring at the cardboard figure in the back.

It was quite literally Gorou's female form, as the resemblance was uncanny.

He looks at the figure, "Ms. Hina", then back at me. The figure, then back at me.

I don't have any words if I had to be honest, so I look at the figure, then at him. The figure, then at him.

"Um...what is this thing?" He asks a after what seems like a millennial.

"Truth be told, I have no idea either." I say blankly.

"He..he looks just like Ms. Hina!!!" I hear from a random man.

I really don't think Gorou wants to see this, and so I once again drag him by the hand, far, far away.

We walk in silence to a restaurant nearby called Shimura's.

Settling down, I feel as though he has the right to know what we just witnessed.

After all, literally everyone in the city somehow convinced themselves Gorou was a female named Ms. Hina.

Why don't I test him a bit just for fun? He might be so oblivious he won't even know what I'm directing to, but it's worth a shot.

"So, what you saw back there. The name's Ms. Hina. She writes the magazine column called That's Life and is a shining star to everyone. Her wonderful and lovely demeanor makes everyone swoon. As an older sister figure to Inazuma City, her letter replies give the most top-tier advice. You know her don't you?"

I hope he gets what I'm saying- it would be hilarious to see his reaction once he figures it out.

Gorou's POV
Ms. Hina runs That's Life? But...isn't it me who owns that magazine? Letter replies, isn't that the same thing I do? And why did that cardboard figure look an awful lot like me but instead a female version?

I have so many questions and I have answers to none of them. I think Y/N can see the visible confusion written all over me face, because she starts giggling a little the more I think.

"I assume you can't figure it out can you?" She says in between her laughs.

"Nope, not at all."

"Well, let's just say Inazuma City is convinced you're someone named Ms. Hina."

Her smile starts to rub off me, and I start laughing along with her.

"N-no way! I can't believe they would think I'm their lovely shining star! And the fact that they think I look like that is unthinkable!" We burst out laughing again.

"To think a General of Watatsumi Island has an alter ego- Ms. Hina! Everybody's lord and savior am I right?" Y/N says, practically in tears.

The two of us calm down after a while, and we decide to order food here for lunch.