chap. 25 | it's a date!

Finally, after a whole night's rest- today has arrived and I couldn't be happier!

My night was almost restless. Almost.

Until I realized I actually needed sleep to function for the date so I don't screw up anything.

Gorou ended up waking up before me, because the second I sat up in bed- he burst through the door.

"Y/N, Y/N! I heard there's a festival today celebrating the end of the Vision Hunt Decree! Would you like...to go with me?"

Processing his words since I just woke up, I responded in my head instead of out loud.

He then spots me with my hair tousled from sleeping, and flushes red.

Oh- oops. I probably should've woken up earlier.

"Um, sorry. After you're ready, would you like to go on a date with me to the festival?"

He stands by the door, anticipating the answer with his eyes shut.

"No duh I would! I've been looking forward to our first official date, y' know?"

Relief washes over him, a radiant smile plastered on his face.

"Okay, it's a date then!"

He walks out of the bedroom content.

The thing is, I never really imagined what my first date is going to be like.

I think I'm a little bit nervous, just because we have the official title of a couple.

But I do want to look more out together than I usually do...so why not wear the yukata I brought?

It was not as fancy as the one I wore during the fireworks during the New Year, but it's better than wearing my battle gear.

It had small sakura flowers scattered all over the fabric, and the best part is that the whole yukata is my favorite color.

I spend a solid 5 minutes re-learning how to put it on. Never underestimate the power of traditional clothing.

Walking out of the bedroom, Gorou adverts his attention on me.

"...you look really pretty in that yukata." He says, looking at me up and down.

Blush creeps to my face, making me feel warm inside.

Apparently, Gorou has taken notice of the fact compliments like these makes me blush and all that stuff so he's been doing it more often.