chap. 13 | a short and sweet farewell

happy new year everyone!!! you guys get an early chapter because i have no clue how to make a new years special 😭~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Y/N's POVAfter dismissing the past event, or rather disaster (saiki who?!), we run to the dock to catch...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/N's POV
After dismissing the past event, or rather disaster (saiki who?!), we run to the dock to catch Kazuha before he departs.

Both Gorou and I know that he travels a lot, so sending him off is like a quick goodbye before seeing him again later.

I wonder where he'll head off this time- but no matter where he ends up, I hope he'll be safe.

After we arrive back near the docks, we see Kazuha under a Sakura Tree, sitting in the shade.

"What's up Kazuha! Sailing away so soon now aren't  you?"

"Yes, indeed. I'll be sure to visit you both when I'm back." He smiles.

"Don't forget us while you're gone alright?"
Gorou says teasingly.

We all laugh, but unfortunately it was already time for him to board the Crux Fleet's ship.

Using his anemo vision, he rides the wind to the top of crow's nest. (for those of you wondering it's like the watch point at the very top of the ship- according to google anyway LOL)

Eventually, we spot him at the very top of the ship, watching him wave at us from afar.

"BYE KAZUHAAAAA WE'LL MISS YOU! HAVE A SAFE TRIPPP!" I yell, waving my hand like a madman.

Gorou, who was now staring at me as was the rest of the people near us, started to chuckle.

"WHAT SHE SAID! WE'LL SEE YOU SOON!" He hollers.

I see Kazuha's mouth move, but I couldn't quite hear him from so far away. I wonder if Gorou can hear him from where we're standing.

Gorou's POV
"You'll find me, wherever the wind takes me." I hear in the distance from Kazuha.

I have extremely good hearing because of my erm...dog-like ears, but Y/N looks like she's trying to make out what Kazuha said. I'll leave her to it though.

Captain Beidou bids one last goodbye to everyone, and the Crux Fleet set sail, into the vast blue ocean.

I won't lie to myself- the feeling that I felt before when I saw them together last night washed away into the depth of the sea as well.

I should know that Y/N and Kazuha have been friends for a while, but I still don't know what feeling I experienced before.

Perhaps it was jealously? But from what?

Aside from that, now that we're back in the city reminds me that I have to go back to the Yae Publishing house to send out my advice letters.

I should probably tell Y/N that I have to go back.

Oh wait a second...that's the same place where we ran into Y-Yae Miko!

If I had to be honest with myself, I would much rather have Y/N next to me in case of running into her again.

I really don't want another fiasco right after that girl who tried petting my ears from before.

"Hey um Y/N, do you mind if we stop by the Yae Publishing House? Sorry to trouble you after last time it's just that when I bumped into you a few days ago, I meant to pick up letters."

"What kind of letters?" She questions.

I'm a little hesitant to reply since I haven't really told her I've started to send advice letters for anyone who needs it, but I have to be honest if I want her to tag along with me.

"Well the thing is, I actually reply to letters sent by people who want advice. When I first came up with the idea, I wanted to do this because I wanted people to write letters who were in need of an older sibling figure. Do you remember the other night when I said that people don't often come to me for comfort because of how I'm a general? I guess that led to this idea. But don't get me wrong, I started this a few weeks before I came here, so I didn't tell you just yet! I've only sent them through a mailing service, so it's my first time actually going to the Publishing House in person. So now, I run the magazine column of called That's Life."

She looks at me, no expression written in her face. Don't tell me she's going to say no!

"Don't get me wrong though! You're still the only person that came up to me in person for comfort hahaha...and sorry for troubling you again. I swear it's just a hobby I picked up just for a while! And now I'm here on Narukami Island during my break, I figured it would be a good experience to see the Yae Publishing house in person. Although, I do keep my identity a secret so nobody would know it's me. So um, do you mind accompanying me?" I manage to spit out.

I really hope she says yes, I would hate to run into Yae Miko again alone. Y/N starts giggling a little- I assume from the whole speech I came up with.

"Don't worry, I'll go with you! If you want, I can also help you write reply letters. Oh but just to warn you, I did overhear someone say that Yae Miko might be strolling around the area in the afternoon. Nevertheless I will stand by you!" She says with a fist in the air.

I stare at her for a few seconds because chuckling to myself.

She actually wants to go with me? I didn't think someone would want to accompany me for such a minor errand.

From my point of view, I seem a little bit selfish for making her come with me for my own errands. I truly am grateful for Y/N.

"Well then what are we waiting for? Let's get a move on!" Y/N says, marching forward.

Laughing with her, I walk along her side back to the Yae Publishing house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n: if you guys ever have ideas for chapter specials, or any character you want to encounter as an extra, feel free to comment!!! they don't have to be related to the timeline too + i might add an extra chapter that isn't related to the storyline about y/n and gorou meeting itto, cause i think it would be hilarious. i would gladly write a chapter about card playing and beetle fighting with him 😇 what do you guys think?