Chapter 5: Unwilling Friend

Mila sat on the toilet, her elbows on her knees and face in her hands. A small sniffle escaped and she brushed away the last tear, resolving not to cry anymore. Sighing, she reached over for the toilet paper but only came into contact with the empty cardboard roll. She looked over and frowned, only then remembering she ran out of toilet paper the last time she went to pee and she was fairly certain she'd left the toilet paper she bought earlier in her living room.

"Dammit," she sighed, leaning over slightly to open the cabinet under her sink. It was empty. The toilet paper in her living room was all she had. It was one of those rare moments she wished she lived with someone so she could just ask them to get it.

Thinking about that reminded her of the demon that was supposedly just wandering around, unable to leave until he did what she said. She raised an eyebrow and shrugged. "Marcus, come," she tried. It was what Lilith said and he showed up immediately. Unfortunately, she wasn't Lilith and nothing happened. She sighed again, then her eyes widened slightly as she thought of something else. "Marcus, I have a name for you!"

A few seconds later, the demon appeared in the bathroom then quickly shielded his eyes. "Oh come on, what the fuck?"

"I had to pee," she shrugged. "What, are we not at this level?"

"No, fuck no," he groaned. "Why would you think that?"

"Hey, you're the one that said you wouldn't leave me alone for a second," she reminded him. "It's not like I'm taking a shit, relax."

"Of all the fucking humans..." Marcus said, shaking his head.

"Can you please get me the toilet paper I left in the living room?" Mila asked. "It's just in my shopping bag."

"Mila, I swear, if you called me over here just to get you toilet paper..."

"You'll do what, kill me?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "Go for it. But if it's going to be a while, can you please grab the toilet paper?"

"You're infuriating," Marcus growled.

"Back at you, devil-boy. Toilet paper?"

"I'm only doing this because I'm hoping we can establish some sort of agreement," he said, narrowing his eyes at her before walking right through the door without even opening it.

Mila stared wide-eyed for a minute. She'd seen him walk through walls before but only out of the corner of her eye, this time she actually got to watch him and wished she could do it too. Only his hand came through a couple seconds later and he tossed her the toilet paper.

"Thank you!" She called out.

After finishing up, she washed her hands and wandered out into the living room, waving at Marcus. "Hey, you're a demon, you must know at least something about being seductive. Come help me pick out clothes."

"Mila, I'm not a friend," Marcus said flatly. "I'm not going to bring you toilet paper and help you pick out clothes unless you give me the name of someone else to kill."

"Okay well I'm not changing my mind about the name, you already did one of those things, and the other is a win-win for you because you get to watch me change," she shrugged. "Come on, please? It's not like you have anything better to do."

"For your information, I was in the middle of a game," Marcus said, narrowing his eyes at her.

"A game?" She asked. "What game? With who?"

"With my human friends."

"The lovebirds?" She gasped, holding her hands to her chest. "How cute! That's nice, but you were already interrupted, so come on," she said, gesturing for him to follow her to the bedroom. "I'm wearing pretty underwear, if that helps!"