Chapter 1- Calamity defeated

Art by @LinkleThePrincess 

Link aimed Zelda's Bow of Light at the pulsing yellow malice eye of Dark Beast Ganon for the finishing shot. He fired the arrow and it flew straight into the pupil. The boar-like creature screamed, as it felt the pain of the arrow of pure light in it's being of darkness. A golden orb erupted out, and formed into Zelda. She was glowing brightly and hovering under the red sky. She then flashed a bright light that came out in waves at the giant creature, which slightly cowered. 

Dark Beast Ganon started dissipating and formed into a cloud-like monster that flew up into the blood red sky. As it's last resort, it flew at the glowing princess, and she raised a hand towards the malice creature. A huge ball of light then formed off her hand, swallowing the creature. 

The ball of light shrunk, then vanished, sealing away the calamity that has plagued Hyrule for over 100 years.

"I've been keeping watch over you all this time..." Zelda spoke to Link.

"I've witnessed your struggles to return to us as well as your trials in battle."

 Link walked up behind Zelda some distance away, while the sky slowly turned from red to a pleasant blue.

"I always thought-no, I always believed- that you would find a way to defeat Ganon."

She turned to face Link.

"I never lost faith in you over these many years" Zelda said as she placed her hands placed together in front of her chest, one on top of the other.

"Thank you, Link..."

She looked up at him as she said "...the hero of Hyrule"

Zelda smiled. A real smile. Not a fake one to disguise how insecure she was, or a smile to be polite, or one to attempt to hide her grief or fear. This was a true, joyful smile. One that Link had been longing to see ever since he pulled the Master Sword after waking up from the Shrine of Resurrection. 

"May I ask..." Zelda was afraid of what might come of her question.

"Do you really remember me?"

Link looked at her. He pondered what she had said. He wore a emotionless expression on his face. He inclined his head, puzzled. 

Zelda burst into tears. She couldn't hold it back. All of the memories, the photos Purah had showed him. Was it all for naught? Did he have no clue what they had between them? Did he remember what she had said to him, the day of his Champion Inauguration? Was all they had together lost? It must have been. She thought to herself. 100 years would completely wipe everything. Does he even remember his own parents? She fell to the ground, sobbing.

"T-thats fine then." Zelda sobbed. "I-its ok. Um, w-w-well..."

She couldn't suppress another sob and buried her face in her hands again.

Link walked over to her on the grass. He knelt down to her level, then tapped her on the shoulder. She looked up, her eyes puffy and red. Tear stains littered her soft cheeks. And yet, she was still beautiful to Link. 

"Of course I remember silly, I was just teasing you" Link said to her, chuckling.

"Link! Why you little-" Zelda scolded him and punched him.

"Ow!" Link cried out in pain "You don't need to hit me!"

"Excuse me! I thought I had lost everything! If you didn't have your memories then...then..." 

She heaved another sob.

"Ok, ok, hold her horses." Link said "No need to cry so much princess, I'm fine." That was a lie. He wasn't really fine, he had a cut on his cheek and bicep from Calamity Ganon. But he didn't want to scare the princess any further, so lying it was.

"Well now what?" Zelda asked.

Link was a little confused. "What do you mean?"

"What do we do now Ganon's gone? duh" she responded

Link contemplated her use of "we". Then again, even if she hadn't said that he still would have gone with her. He shrugged it off. It probably didn't mean anything. But if it did mean something then that wouldn't be too bad either...

"Link!"

"W-what?" Link said.

"I said we should go to Riverside Stable and decide from there."

"O-oh yes, of course princess" Link stuttered.

Okay! goldenunicorn9 here! So I hope you guys liked my first chapter

Okay! goldenunicorn9 here! So I hope you guys liked my first chapter. The beginning was a little boring, I know. It was boring for me to type too but I figured you would need a refresher on the end. After all, the game came out in 2017. The next chapter will be 1st person, switching POVs of Link and Zelda. Thanks to @LinkleThePrincess for making the art in this chapter! Anyways I am still accepting suggestions (unless you're reading this when I already finished it) and feedback is a writer's best friend so c'mon and gimme that juicy, juicy, feedback. Ok, that's it then, I'm out!

<3 y'all

-goldenunicorn9