Chapter 2: The Stable

-Zelda's POV-

"Link?" I said as we walked to the stable.

"Yes?" Link answered.

"I noticed you called me princess again"

"So?"

"You know you can call me by my name..." I said as I looked over at Link. "actually I would prefer it if you did. You don't have to be so formal. I know you!"

"I know that but... nevermind" Link said.

"Just... call me by my name from now on, ok?" I asked.

"Sure pr- I mean Zelda"

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

The rest of the walk to Riverside Stable was quiet. Birds chirped peacefully, reminding me of the peace I had now bestowed upon Hyrule. And yet, for some reason, I feel like I didn't yet succeed. Maybe It was because I haven't seen any citizens yet. I tried to make myself think that, but couldn't suppress the feeling that it was something else...

Something that had to do with Link. Maybe it was because we hadn't really celebrated together? 

45 minutes later we arrive at Riverside Stable. Link walked up to the counter while I stayed behind a bit. I was a bit shy since I hadn't seen a citizen in over 100 years. 

"Hey Link! Did you see the castle! That big purple cloud thing is gone!" The stable owner, Ember, called to Link. 

"Hi Ember. I need two beds." Link asked as if Ember never mentioned the Calamity. If Link explained it to him, he would get run over by everyone in the stable thanking him. As much as he loved the people of Hyrule, I expected he needed rest now.

"Two beds huh!" Ember said. "I see you've finally decided not to travel alone! Normal or soft?"

Link looked at over at me. I was busy admiring the horses at the side of the stable, but noticed him looking at me from the corner of my eye.

"Soft, please." Link responded. I was glad he got the soft ones. I was exhausted. Creating a giant sealing sun takes its toll on a body.

"Alrighty then, that will be 80 rupees please!" Ember boomed.

Link handed over four red rupees. His body was probably aching. We walked into the stable and into our room we payed for with two beds. Link had figured I would need privacy.

"So should we go to bed now?" Link asked as he scratched his neck. "Or should we sit by the fire and eat dinner. It's pretty early."

"Let's go eat dinner, I'm starving" I said as my stomach grumbled. Link chuckled and we walked over to where a cooking pot sat, along with logs for seats. Link took Prime Meat, swift carrots, and Hyrule Herbs out of his pouch and cooked up a delicious Meat Stew. I licked my lips once I had finished. 

"Link, when did you learn how to cook so good?" I asked him when I had finished. He had already finished his a couple of minutes ago.

"I taught myself. It was mostly trial and error. When I started out it had usually ended up as Dubious Food. " He flushed red. I laughed. That made him turn even more red. He was cute when he was embarrassed. 

We ended up spending the rest of the night talking by the fire. Link told be stories of what had happened on his adventure.

"So you just walked into the Forgotten Temple and took a selfie with all those guardians!!!" I exclaimed after one particularly crazy story.

"Well yeah, pretty much." Link said. "But I swear I've taken way more dangerous photos before! Once I found a White-Maned Lynel, and then..."  

Link continued on with his stories as I felt myself nodding off to sleep.

-Link's POV-

I almost had finished my story of when I brought young Rito sisters together so they could practice singing, I realized Zelda had fallen asleep. I sighed. What do I do now? I thought. 

I ended up carrying her to her bed. When we walked in the stable I swear I saw her peek through her eyelashes at me, and then she smiled the faintest of smiles. I blushed. That made her smile more. 

I then set her on her bed and walked over to my bed. I pulled off my tunic, undershirt, and boots and got into bed. I slept shirtless for 100 years, so I couldn't get out of the habit. I looked over at Zelda. Her eyes were closed, and her face was red. I smiled in spite of myself and drifted off to sleep.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

-Zelda's POV-

I woke to see Link's bare back on the other bed. I recalled last night. Why did I always have to blush so much! I prayed to the goddess he didn't see me. I got up and looked down. I was still in my prayer dress. I would really need to get new clothes. I sat on the chair by the desk as I waited for Link to get up. I watched his chest rise and fall in sync with his breath. 

A couple minutes later Link opened his sky blue eyes, got up, and stretched, before realizing that I was looking at him. I blushed again. Dang it. WHY DO I ALWAYS BLUSH!? I thought to myself. Link quickly grabbed his undershirt and tunic before pulling them on, then walking over to me.

"Good morning Zelda" He said warmly.

"Good morning" I responded as I adjusted myself uncomfortably in my dress. This seemed to remind Link of something because he suddenly said "Oh crap. I forgot in everything that happened yesterday".

"Forgot about what? I said.

Link reached into his bag and pulled out my royal blue travelling clothes. 

"Thank the goddesses!" I exclaimed. "This dress was getting really uncomfortable. Where did you get this!"

"Impa gave it to me after I had captured all the Divine Beasts. She was pretty confident I would save you. She's a lifesaver, I honestly don't know how she thought of giving it to me since you would be in that dress. Well, anyways I'm gonna go outside to cook breakfast and let you get changed."

He left as I was caressing the soft fabric. I changed into it then I braided the top of my hair in front of the mirror, then clipped them to my other strands of hair. I then brushed it all out and left the room for the cooking pot outside.

Art by LinkleThePrincess

Ok so that concludes the end of this chapter. Zelda blushed A LOT. Anyways, where do you think Link and Zelda will go next? Find out in CHAPTER 3!! Also can you guys tell me if you thought this chapter was long, short, or just right because I don't know how long my chapters should be.