14.

**Moxie**

It was like a big party inside of a mansion.
There were people everywhere, but despite me wanting to look around.
My eyes would fall back on Magna who was already looking in my direction.
I stared before looking away from the other and took in the different aromas inside of the house.
The sweets, the cooked meat and so much more.

"Wow, you actually came." 
We turned and Magna was looking at who I think was Jensen.
I was still trying to keep up with the names.
Magna smirked back at him.
"Couldn't exactly dismiss the idea when my own brother broke in just to see if I was going to show." He shrugged.
Jensen smirked before his eyes fell on me.

"Ah, you marked him?" He looked at Magna who was looking at me.
"I did, before that alpha tried to ruin everything. So we decided to become one tonight." He told him.
Jensen smirked softly.
"Can't wait for what daddy Ellison has to say about his youngest son choosing a vampire over his own race." He commented.

I frowned at him.
"His opinion won't matter." I said now.
Jensen looked at me.
"Family opinions will always matter," he stepped past us but stopped.
"Even if you hate each other's guts, you'll always find yourself turning in their direction needing some kind of opinion on something. But what you two have done? Well, you've pretty much just thrown your family away-"

"Jensen! Stop ruining the vibe of my parents' party with your negative mindset." This girl stormed up to us in a dark blue dress with light gray ribbon wrapped around her waist.
She had her brown hair down straight with angry blue eyes.

Jensen frowned at her.
"It's facts Cadence-"
"I don't care what it is, I just learned this is my brother's mate and I won't tolerate you being your usual self. Go find Ziggy." She glared.
Jensen rolled his eyes looking at Magna who smirked.
"We'll talk later." He told him.

We stood there as the one known as Cadence stood there with a bright smile on her face, she nearly matched their mom.
"You must be Moxie, our mom just shared the news with a few of us that Magna finally decided to settle and he chose an omega." She grinned, stepping up.
"But you're definitely a cute one! I'm guessing your family has no idea this has been done?" She asked.
I frowned softly.
"No, we did this last minute. My parents were trying to force me to be with an alpha, but I couldn't do it.." I looked at Magna as my heart began to race.
"Not when I'm in love with your brother." I blurted out as her blue eyes grew wide and Magna smiled softly.

"Wow..." Cadence was smiling at me.
"You're something else, have you met our dad yet?" She asked me.
I shook my head but jumped when she took my hand.
"Well come with me and we'll knock it off the list of people you need to meet tonight!" She grinned at Magna.
"I'm stealing your mate, he's family now." She told him.

I looked to Magna hoping he would come with us but he just smirked watching me try not to squirm.
"Don't scare him too much." He told her as my eyes grew wide when she pulled me away from the other.

"So who in our family have you not met yet?" Cadence asked me, her arm wrapped with mine as we walked past others who were looking right at me.
"I.. I have no idea, I know I met your mom and I think your oldest brother? And now you, but I haven't met anyone else." I told her.
Cadence nodded with a smile.
"Alright so all that's left is our dad and our other three siblings, they're all pretty harmless half the time. Sin and Rogue have their moments, but it's nothing you shouldn't be able to handle." She told me as we walked into what looked like a ballroom.

Cadence glanced to me.
"And just so you know? When you finally do decide to tell your family you and my brother marked each other, you'll have this side of the family who will support you both. It takes a lot of courage for a wolf and vampire to get together. I know it's possible in Moon Rose, but that's only because no one is as closed minded there." She explained.

"It's also where our oldest brother's boyfriend lives." She told me.
I blinked, glancing to her.
"They're not mates?" I asked.
She smiled sadly walking with me.
"They're a bit like you and Magna in a sense? Sin's boyfriend is also an omega, they've had a bit of an on and off relationship? It's either Sin is trying to mark him and he isn't ready, or Sin's boyfriend is avoiding the idea of their relationship completely." She explained.

I frowned.
"Who is his boyfriend?"
She looked at me.
"Asta Rayne." She told me as my eyes grew wide.
"Do you know him?" She asked me.
I had so many questions but I nodded.
"Yeah.. He's actually my cousin." I told her.
Cadence's eyes grew wide.
"He never mentioned Sin to you?" She frowned.
I frowned back.
"No." I rubbed my neck awkwardly.

"I'll talk to him about it later and see what's going on. I'm curious to know why he never wanted to mention that he's been dating a vampire.. He's so open about how he supports it, but I think he's been focused on other things since he showed up the other day." I told her.
She made a face.
"He's been in Crossroads and hasn't even bothered trying to see Sin? Yeah no, something is definitely weird about that." She frowned but her eyes fell ahead of us.

A man stood there with their mom glued to his side.
This must be the dad.
His expression was soft while talking with a group of people, before his green eyes fell on Cadence first then me.
He smiled at them before he stepped past the guests and made his way over to me and Cadence.
I wanted to run but Cadence's grip on me tightened as she smiled at the brunet.

"Hey guys." She greeted them with a smile.
Her mom was already smiling at me before glancing to the man whose eyes were locked on me.
"I found a lost wolf." She joked.
Her dad stepped up and Cadence stepped back as he looked down at me.

"So you're my son's mate, is that right?" He asked me in a deep voice and his expression hardened looking at me.
I felt like I was shrinking.
"I am." I answered him, trying not to look away.

His eyes were harsh and they were quick to soften as he offered his hand for me to grab.
"You can call me Gene, we've heard nothing but good things about you son, it takes a lot of guts to break away from a family like the Ellisons." He smirked at me as I looked up at him feeling slightly sick.
"W-Well.. They actually have no idea yet, I mean Magna just marked me tonight." I told him.
He nodded looking at me.
"I wouldn't wait long on telling your family the news then, the longer you drag something like this out? It will only get worse down the road, especially if the news is announced by someone else who isn't you." He explained to me.

I frowned but nodded.

Gene and Sage studied me before Sage smiled softly.
"Go enjoy the party, you and Magna can consider this a celebration. It's not every day a wolf and vampire get together, you know." She said and my thoughts fell on Asta.
It made me wonder if the rest of their family knew about him and Sin.
Or if Cadence just happened to find out on pure accident?

I stepped away from the trio and made my way towards where Magna was standing.
There were two others at his side as the three of them talked.
He was drinking what looked like a pink wine before his eyes fell on me, and he was lowering the drink.

"How did meeting my dad go?" He asked me as the two he was talking with, looked right at me.
"He's a lot nicer than I expected." I told him as he smirked softly.
"He comes off real strict looking, but he's probably the nicest man in this house. He won't tolerate you disrespecting him or his family though." He told me.

I blinked but smiled before he was pulling me over into him and he was wrapping his arms around me, while looking at the two guys in front of us.

"Lincoln, Midori, this is my mate. Moxie." He told them.
I watched the brunet blink.
"Oh." He responded as the black haired male looked at Magna.
"Is he knocked up or something?" He asked as my eyes grew wide and Magna was frowning.

"Why-"
"Because why else would you willingly mark an omega unless you got him knocked up?" The black haired male questioned.
"No one is knocked up Lincoln, stop being a jackass." Magna growled at him.
Lincoln glared.
"Then you're just stupid then? He's a fucking wolf!" He growled back.

"Okay you two, easy." I recognized that voice.
I looked over my shoulder to find Joshua there frowning at the two of them.
"This is a party, not for you to cause a scene at. Save that for tomorrow." He hissed before looking at me.

"I heard you and Magna tied the knot in a sense." He smirked.
"Congratulations." He said as I blushed now as that anger I was feeling a moment ago vanishing now.
"Thanks, Joshua-"
"Call me Josh, we're technically family now." He shrugged as I looked at him confused.
"Are you and Mag-"
"We're cousins." He smirked.
I stared before nodding looking at Magna who was in Lincoln's face.

"I tolerate you because you're my brother's mate, what I won't tolerate is you judging me when there is plenty I can judge you over." Magna told him.
Lincoln's eye twitched.
"You're still a dumb ass." He snatched Midori's wrist and stormed away from us.

Joshua and Magna both had this annoyed look in their eyes before Magna was looking at me.
"Thankfully, he's not related to me through blood. So you won't be seeing much of him, they only visit when they're invited over for parties or dinners." He explained to me.
I blinked but nodded.
My eyes fell on Cadence who walked up to us.

"So this wasn't my idea but mom wants to see her children dance with their mates, you and Moxie here are the first ones to step up." She told us.
I felt the blood draining from my face as I looked at Magna hoping he would try to deny that idea.
But instead, his hand took mine as he smirked softly.
"This is another something my family likes to do, if you don't like to dance. I won't force you." He told me.
I frowned at him.
"If I say no, I'll look like the bad guy." I frowned as he smiled softly.
"You'll enjoy this." He told me.

We walked back towards the ballroom and my heart was in my throat when we stepped through and everyone was staring.
It made me nervous as I looked at Magna for reassurance.
He just smiled, keeping me close.
"They're all staring at us." I whispered as he smirked softly.
"Well of course they're going to stare, we're the oddest pairing in the house." He joked as I glared before we stood in the middle.

His hand fell on my lower back and his eyes locked on mine.
"Just follow my lead and we'll be okay." He promised me.
I inhaled some air before nodding.
The music soon began and we were stepping back in unison.
We stepped side to side and we never broke contact.
His eyes wouldn't leave mine and it felt like we were in a trance.
The music would speed up and so would our movement.
I could feel my heart racing as he spun me before I was losing my footing and he was catching me.

His eyes locked on mine as he kept us low to the ground before he slowly raised us back up.
We split but kept one hand locked with the other before he gave me this charming smile and soon enough.
I was spinning back to him and my back was against his chest.
The two of us nearly out of breath just standing there.
Before the sound of people clapping filled the air.
And both of his parents were staring at us, impressed.

"You were amazing out there." Magna whispered into my ear as we walked away from the center of the floor, his breath tickling my neck as I tried to keep myself under control.
"So were you." I told him as he smirked softly before we stood at the wall where Joshua was.

"So you two looked like you were supposed to be in some kind of movie or something, seriously, who knew you both could dance that damn good?" Joshua smirked at us.
I blushed but the sound of my phone dinging threw me off.
I looked at Magna as if needing his approval to check my phone.
He watched me before he smiled softly.
"Don't walk off too far, this house is huge." He told me kissing my cheek as I smiled softly with a nod.

I stepped aside from them and pulled out my phone to find more than just one message.
Monty, Zoe, my parents and even Church had wrote me.
I felt sick to my stomach pulling up Monty's message first.

[Monty]: Hey? Um.. I don't know how to tell you this, but whatever you do. Don't come home for a few days? 
My brows were knitted standing there before I pressed his name to call the other.

"Monty?" I spoke into the phone.
{"You have a lot of fucking nerve, boy."} My blood ran ice cold hearing my dads voice on the other side.
"Dad..? Where's Monty-"
{"He's in trouble, just like you will be the moment you get your ass home."}
"Why is Monty in trouble?" I glared softly.
{"You really are a disappointment to the Ellison household, where the fuck did we go wrong? Do you really think you're in any position to question ME on anything? I won't tell you again, get your ass home, now."} He growled before hanging up.

I stood there trembling and it was like a trigger for Magna because he was whipping around the corner with worried eyes.
"Moxie?"
"I have to go home." I said through a trembling voice.
"What? Why?" He glared.
I looked at him with tears in my eyes.
"Monty is in trouble because of us.. I-I have to go, Magna-"

"I'm coming with you." He told me as my eyes grew wide.
"What?" I shrieked as he took my hands into his.
"You're my mate, there's no way I'm letting you go there alone. I won't let them try brainwashing you again." He frowned deeply.
"We marked each other for a reason Moxie, you are my reason." He told me as I blushed trying not to melt before I shook my head.
"Stop being cute, will your family be mad if we leave?" I asked him.

"Of course not." Sage smiled softly walking up to us.
I blushed looking at her.
"Thank you for having me tonight, I had fun-"
"It was wonderful finally meeting you, I take it you're returning home?" She asked me.
I frowned.
"For a moment, I won't be living there after tonight." I looked at Magna who smiled before he looked at her.
"If it comes down to a fight, I'll call my brothers. Go enjoy the rest of your party." He told her.
Sage was hesitant but she smiled.
"You two be safe." She said walking away from us.

Magna looked to me squeezing my hand.
"Ready?" He asked me.
I frowned but nodded.

"Ready."