Darkness Rising: Pt.4

Start from the beginning

Galvatron: "There's no point in leaving, Jack; The Decepticons are targeting you, and we are the only ones capable of protecting you three. Besides, fleeing from your problems doesn't magically fix them, it just makes them worse."

Jack: "Galvatron..."

Before the Human child could get another word out of his mouth, the rusted form of Galvatron leaned down towards Jack as his optics shifted from spiteful to understanding. Staring intently into the Human's eyes, the ancient Cybertronian continued reassuring him that everything would be alright, a small grin slowly edging itself upon his cold features.

Galvatron: "Besides, with you three gone, who am I going to throw all my hatred upon?"

Jack: "*Chuckle* I don't think you'll have any issues yelling at the other bots."

Galvatron: "Ha! I suppose you're right, though that wouldn't be as fun."

The two shared a moment of humour as everyone else in the base watched, amazed that Galvatron was actually holding a positive conversation with a Human; Perhaps they were finally starting to grow on him, the mech wasn't really sure, but once the urge to comfort both Jack and Arcee came into his mind he couldn't stop himself from acting.

Galvatron: I suppose Humans aren't all that bad....

(~Small Time Skip~)

It was two in the afternoon, Galvatron was leaning against one of the walls as Ratchet analysed the recent data he'd received from Miko's phone. The Human children were standing with their respective guardian as they listened to the Autobot Medic explain the information he'd translated regarding a spacebridge.

However, the ex-gladiator quickly noticed that one of the Autobots were absent from the group. On the far side of the room, Arcee was standing uncomfortably beside the railings as she dug her servos into her forearms, a look of discomfort and worry evident on her face.

Galvatron wasted no time in walking over towards the blue femme, staring down at her slim form with a neutral expression; even if he worried for her, he still had safety precautions to ensure no one could read his true feelings, just in case something ever went wrong between members of the Autobots.

Galvatron: "Arcee, what are you doing here by yourself?"

Arcee: "O-oh! I was just......"

Galvatron: "You were 'just' what?"

The two-wheeler continued staring at her comrade with an embarrassed expression, still unable to speak a coherent sentence to the large mech; if it were anybody else, she'd easily be able to maintain her composure and hide her feelings, but Galvatron was a different matter entirely. After all, you can't deceive a master deceiver, especially when utilising the same tactics.

Nevertheless, Arcee still attempted to hide her true feelings under a mask of fabricated joy, a meaningless smile decorating her metallic features. Galvatron merely sighed in response to her arrogance before holding his hand up, preventing the feme from vocally deceiving her with sweetened words.

Galvatron: "I get that you're upset with yourself over Cliffjumper, Arcee, but that's no reason to-"

Arcee: "That's not it."

Arcee's words caught the rusted mech off guard, his eyes gleaming with an indescribable bemusement and stupor; if her current demeanour wasn't a direct result of Cliffjumper's fate, then what exactly was it that caused her mood to dampen so much? Galvatron allowed a quiet grunt of discomfort to escape his mouth as he slowly leaned down to make eye contact with the small Cybertronian.