Toni's eyebrows quirked up, the sudden turn of the conversation jarring. It was no secret the two girls didn't get along, nearly ready to jump at each other's throats when they were so much as in the same room together.

Before Toni could respond, another text popped up

Cheryl: yyour. Perfe ct hair. Your stupidly cute smile??? Ugh it drives me fucking CRAZY.

Toni was shocked, was Cheryl Blossom, HBIC of Riverdale High, heiress of the Blossom fortune, complimenting her? Toni, the girl who Cheryl insisted on making the bane of her existence, receiver of countless degrading insults of her social class and one or two thinly veiled homophobic remarks. It surly seemed like an attempt at a compliment, despite the execution having much left to be desired.

If there was one thing Toni understood at this moment, she was treading on thin ice. Whatever game the redhead was playing would more than likely end badly for the serpent. However, Toni wasn't one to back down. She'd take the bait, and play the game. Whatever is was that was happening, Toni wasn't entirely sure yet.

Toni: is that another compliment? from Cheryl Bombshell herself? now i really do believe you're drunk

Toni: but thank you ;)

The serpent let out a breath, taking another sip from her beer, the buzz finally kicking in. She watched as the typing dots popped up almost immediately.

Cheryl: God, shut up.

Cheryl: You're so . annoyING.

Cheryl: You know what REALLY annoys.me? When we're in, the ,  locker rooms. And you just decide?????to change right next to me???? I don't believe I ever granted you permission to do that??

Toni let out a frustrated sigh, rolling her eyes. She knew Cheryl's bitchy side would make an appearance.

Toni: i don't recall needing permission to change in the girl's CHANGE ROOM, cheryl. But i didn't think you'd mind, considering how much you stare at my body when i do

Toni knew it was a risky text to send. But she wanted to throw the girl off her game, and it's not like it was a lie. She could feel Cheryl's eye burn into her the moment she would take off her shirt. Not that it ever made her uncomfortable, she liked the attention, especially from someone like Cheryl. And she had a nice fucking body she worked hard for.

Cheryl: Fuck. I didn't think you'd notice.

Toni:  you're not exactly subtle, bombshell.

Cheryl: I'm sorry.

An apology? Cheryl Blossom, apologizing to her? Toni didn't think the words "I'm sorry" existed in the redhead's vocabulary.

Toni: no need to apologize, i don't mind being objectified by a pretty girl :)

Cheryl: You think I'm pretty?

Toni's heart ached for the girl. Despite being in a gang known for its callous and cruel reputation, Toni was a secret bleeding heart empath. She doesn't let anyone know this, her reputation not allowing any slip ups, but she cared far too much for people, especially those who secretly suffered. And she knew the moment she laid eyes on the fiery redhead that she was suffering. There was no way someone could march down the halls with such tall walls up, who's anger and frustration at the world so plainly visible, could not be hurting inside. The truth of the matter was that Cheryl was just a girl, and despite not knowing her very well. Or at all, really. She could already see her for who she was. Vulnerable and insecure and yearning for someone to give her love and validation.