LEALTÀ -Chapter ten

Start from the beginning

I took the glas of water and put it on my desk. Then I picked her up,Ella now siting in my knee.

"Why did you get me this?" I asked,as I patted her head full of hair. I smiled down at her before she spoke up,answering my question,"Daddy told me to give it to you since you have been working so much," I smiled and chuckled as I planted a kiss on the top of her head. She brought her tiny hands to my necklace,inspecting it.

"Where's Kimberly? I like her." She said,her eyes only on my necklace. I took a deep breath before I answered her question.

"She's probably sleeping now,honey. And yeah...she's kind." I said,looking down at the necklace myself. The little girl looked up at me,and the thing she said next made me in shock.

"Ally. Was she your wife? Was she the mommy of your baby that died?" My lips were slightly parted at her words. I could feel the lump in my throat build at the mention of that action once in my life. The water work began to do it's job;but I pushed the tears back and replaced them with a fake smile,not wanting Ella to see me cry.

"Yes,yes she was. But she is in heaven now,with the other angels." I say,kissing her head once again. Our moment is cut short as Angelo comes in. He looks tired,as the time must be pretty late. He wore black sweat pants and a black t-shirt.

"Ella,come here. It's late and you should be asleep!" He said,walking over to us. Ella gave me a hug,and then locked her fingers with her dad's. Angelo gave me a nod and a smile,as they walked out of my office. I just sat there for a good minute. Thinking of the earlier events that's happened in my life. I let the walls that I've built fall for once,thinking of my emotions...

The silence is only making me feel the pain more,the ache in my heart is building and I rest my elbows on the desk,my head on top of my hands and close my eyes.

Flashback

"I love you,Desta. And our son will too. I hope he has your green eyes..." The love of my life says on the other line of the phone. I turn the wheel to the right,as I'm parking outside my business building.

"I love you too,Ally. So,do we have a name? I thought that the name, Lexos would be pretty good don't you?" I say and smile as I turn the engine off,but don't walk out of the car. I rest my head against the seat,and smile at her angelic voice.

"Yes,I think so too! But what if he doesn't look like a Lexos when he comes out?" She giggles and I'm sure she's patting her baby bump. I smile and let out a breathy laugh,but stop just the second I hear a loud bang...

"Ally!" I raise my voice on the phone,now sitting fully up and my heart is racing it's pace. The other line is silent...like it's no one there.

"Ally! Please...answer me,where are you!?" I yell,my hands began to shake,my adrenalin pumping in my body.

"Learn from your mistakes." Was all I heard before the line went dead. I knew who it was. Adam Constatino.

That day was the day that Desta Castello died. I changed my name to my middle one,Nicola. And after I finally found her location,Angelo and some of my men was already there,at the scene.

The car that she drove was wrecked. Blood was on the crushed windows and even though the car had been almost fully crushed,Ally was in one peace. They had dragged her out,and laid her on a blanket on the ground. The accident had happened on the highway,people were stoping their cars and the police were on their way.

I ran towards her,her face had many cuts,blood was dripping down her nose but worst of all...she had a cut in her womb. My wife and my unborn son was dead. I had nothing left.

My hand connected with her cold cheek. My tears ran down my cheeks and onto her clothes as I caressed her head.

"No,no,no,no!" I yelled out,I felt my men's presence behind me but I ignored them. "Ally don't leave me! P-please." I put my head on her body,trying to hear her heart beat...

But it was dead silent.

My heart split in thousands of pieces,I looked at my dead wife. Her lips blue,her skin pale and her blue eyes open. I brought my fingers to her eyes and pushed her eyes closed.

"riposare in pace." I said and stood up. I looked around me,at all my men. The civilans that had stopped here and called the police were a bit away from us. So they didn't hear us.
(Rest in peace)

"From this day. Adam Constatino and everyone that's having the same name or blood...shall die. We will take him down;every single one of his mafia and family. He killed my wife," I look down at her and then up again,"And my unborn son. We will never stop hunting him,understand?" I say. Some of them was crying too,some looked emotional. They all said 'Yes' and they all were dismissed.

And short after the police and a paremedic came. They cleared her dead,and the police stayed on the crime scene as the ambulance took her with them...me in the back with her. I never let go of her hand until we got to the morgue where they put the dead, and I sat there...holding her hand and sang her favourite song,Just the way you are-by Bruno Mars.

And three weeks after that,her funeral was.

End of flashback

The tears made their way down my cheeks,small sobs leaving my lips and my throat aching at the pain of trying to hold it all in...I haven't cried since her death. But today,I decided that I had to;I couldn't hold it anymore.

I sat there for probably an hour,just crying. But then I decided that it was enough,so I went up-stairs. I opened the door to where Kimberly was;in my room. I walked in and Kimberly was asleep. I went into the bathroom,locking the door behind me and turning the shower on. I turned and looked at myself in the mirror...

My eyes were red and puffy. My nose was a bit red but nothing too much. I took off my clothes and then I looked at my arms. All of the scars that's hiding underneath all the tattoos. But some are really visible which I don't like,but haven't had the time to cover yet.

I just want to cut myself again...I need to feel the pain again,only once...

But I don't. I haven't done that since 2019-04-24. The same day Ally was buried. And I won't do it again either,it's not good and it won't do me any good either.

I push all my thoughts away and got into the hot shower. The water cascading down my body,my muscles that was tense now not so much. It feelt good,and it brought me back to life a bit too.

After the shower I put on some new clothes,a shirt and sweatpants. I looked at the time.

4:23 AM.

I let out a sigh and then got into the bed,besides Kimberly. She was sleeping heavy,and quietly. And as soon as my head hit the pillow;I fell asleep.

____

Poor Nicola...or Desta? What do you think of his 'real' name,Desta?

Thoughts on this chapter?😊