Chapter 36 Separation !

Começar do início

I will be in the office the rest of the time she's away. Also, all the visits will be over the weekends, although I would like to travel on a Friday morning if that's ok? Kyle and Jack looked at one another. Mariah had her fingers crossed behind her back. Do you think you might be able to drum up some work? Who knows said Mariah But I will try my hardest to get new clients. Well ok then said, Jack. Book what you have to book and enjoy your time seeing Tessa on tour. I think she will be a huge star by the time she gets back said Kyle which will give us a huge following. It will said Mariah and thank you both for this. I don't know what I would have done if you'd have said no! I think I might have had to quit !! Oh, it wouldn't have come to that said Jack we are quite flexible here. That's good to know said Mariah because I love working here with you both! We were lucky to find you said, Kyle. Ok well now that's sorted said Mariah I best text Tessa the good news and then get back to work. So I'm guessing said Kyle that next Saturday is Tessa's first gig in New York? 

It is said Mariah in a sad voice. Don't remind me too much or I might blub at the thought of being without her for four months. Well at least now you'll be able to see her for a while said, Kyle. I will thanks you and your dad. Mariah was dying to leave. Kyle noticed this. Oh god, Mariah, I'm sorry go tell Tessa. Ok bye, see you later? Yeah, I'll be around. Let me know if you need help with anything? I should be ok she shouted over her shoulder as she left the boardroom. Getting back to her office, she was going to ring Tessa and then realized that was not a good idea because she'd probably be in the booth singing her heart out! So she texted instead. Great news! All systems go. I can come to all your venues and stay the whole weekend! Love Mariah x Not long afterward a reply came back. Oh my god! That's wonderful news. Thank Jack and Kyle for me. I love you, see you tonight Tessa x I won't start planning just yet she thought because I'd like to pick the place's Tessa wants to stay in with her, and then I'll go from there.

When they both finally got back to the shoebox that night, they were both exhausted. It had been a full-on day for them both. Tessa was trying to work out her setlist , she had five song's to sing in the time she was on stage. Mr. Tanner Watts's team was very accommodating. Tessa had told Devon that she hoped Mariah would be with her in New York, Denver, San Francisco, and Chicago. So she asked Devon to sort out the hotels. Not knowing Mariah was looking forward to doing that with her! Mariah in the meantime had been looking at places in the city and state she would be visiting with Tessa. She was also starting to line up meetings and some work for the Fridays she would be arriving. She was keeping the Saturdays and Sundays just for her and Tessa to catch up. The only whole day Tessa would be having off would be Sunday. So Mariah also told Jack and Kyle she would be on the red-eye flight every Monday.

Mariah had texted Tessa on the way home to tell her she'd pick up dinner from their favorite Chinese place. She'd also splashed out on a bottle of wine. They just about managed to have a shower and have dinner, before putting the bed out and cuddling up. I'm sorry we didn't open the wine said Tessa I'm just too tired. Me too said, Mariah. Turning around to face her and kissing her passionately. I wanted to make love tonight too said Tessa in a sad voice. You did? Yeah, I always do, but tonight the weariness is just getting the better of me! Just before Tessa got Mariah to turn around. She was always the big spoon. Mariah told her all about the hotels she'd been looking at when she visited her on tour! What's the face for? said Mariah when she'd finished telling her. Err I didn't realize you were going to do that so I asked Devon to do it all for us. So all you have to do is book your flights and sort all your meetings out. Ooh ! said Mariah sadly. I was so looking forward to choosing them with you! 

I'm so sorry I am, but the good news is they are all four-star hotels. Oh wow really? Really? said, Tessa. That's what Tanner's team told Devon. So I'm sorry but I have to go with whatever they say. In that case, I shall look forward to it! Do you know what hotels they picked? said, Mariah. Of cause I do said Tessa but I'll have to tell you in the morning ok? Err I guess so said, Mariah. Within seconds Tessa was fast asleep! She looks so lovely when she sleeps thought, Mariah. I'm going to miss that face to wake up to every morning. I wonder where Tanner's people have picked for the stays? She finally drifted off half an hour later. In the morning Mariah woke up to an empty bed! What the hell? "Tessa" she called out with no answer in return. Mariah looked at the clock 6.30am ! She got herself up and headed for the bathroom, she came out into the kitchen with a towel wrapped around her. She flicked the kettle and put her mug out ready to make coffee. She headed back to the bathroom to dry her hair and herself.

When she came out she grabbed her phone and sent Tessa a text message. Where are you? I missed you this morning. Just as she pressed send the door opened. Morning my love said, Tessa. Tessa's phone buzzed. That will be me said, Mariah. I woke up and you weren't there! I went out to surprise you with coffee and one of those brownies you like from Crimson. Oh, that's so thoughtful thankyou said Mariah helping Tessa put the bed away. I'm sorry you thought I'd left already said Tessa I would have told you last night if I was going to do that. Err yeah well I guess I have to get used to an empty bed in the morning. We only have a few more days before you have to go! Mariah said sadly. Tessa pulled her in for a cuddle. It's going to be fine, you know that right? Yeah, I guess at least the first part I'm seeing you at your first concert! I can't wait to see you up there on stage. Ooh, you were going to tell me where we were going to be staying? Oh yes, I completely forgot said, Tessa. She grabbed her phone First stop in New York will be The New Yorker. Ooh very snazzy said, Mariah. I told you they're all four-star or above said, Tessa. In Denver, it will be The Crawford. 

We could stay with my parents then? said Mariah. I know we could said Tessa but after a month apart do you really want to do that? Mariah nearly choked on her coffee! Oh, I forgot that, but yeah your right. Ok so in San Francisco it will be The St Regis and then finally my home town Chicago we will be at Hotel Lincoln and before you know it we will be back here at home! I have the list of everywhere we are staying in between and where we're going. I will get Devon to print it all out for you, so you'll know where I am at all times. Ok? That's great thankyou. I'd better get a move on said Mariah looking at the clock. Ok well, I don't have to be in until nine said Tessa so I'll clear up, etc. Ok bye, Mariah kissed her on the lips. Bye said Tessa as she waved her off. What Mariah didn't know was Tessa had bought a huge jar since she knew she was going on tour. She'd filled it with little messages for Mariah to read one a day while she was away. That way she'll not feel so lonely hopefully? thought Tessa. She'd also asked Devon to keep an eye on her. Four days later Tessa was all packed and ready to go. Mariah was in tears as she helped her get her suitcases into the cab to take her to the airport. I love you said Tessa and I'll see you in two days in New York? You will said Mariah I love you too. Tessa got into the cab and was gone.